Occasional Contributor

I've been with The Q since 1991.  I am a 'certified' shopper, so says my dh Woman Very Happy  I don't post here much, but Susan's one time only for $48, regularly $58 is totally ridiculous!  It's a cotton knit with a lace up front.  A very common style now a days.  Why does it warrant such a price!  If enough of us refused to pay such prices, we would see her prices come back down to reality.

Just my opinion as I can no longer afford buying her brand. 

Would love to hear other's opinions on this.

Trusted Contributor

cRe: Susan Graver Price Yikes!

Totally agree. I've been shopping here since 1987, so I'm "certified" too. :-)  Stopped purchasing SG about 5 years ago after I returned 6 items in a row due to quality and fit. And the prices have skyrocketed!! I think she may have reached her peak, and now might need a reality check. Just my opinion. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Susan Graver Price Yikes!

[ Edited ]

When the SG line hits it out of the park in fit, quality and style, I think it is worth every penny. However, that doesn't happen with most items, and those that don't are overpriced compared to garments found at department stores like Macy's and Nordstrom's. And when the department stores put their items on sale, you definitely get a better bargain there. I must say that over the last several years I have seen a huge improvement in her line in multiple categories that are found in clothing. She is definitely addressing sizing inconsistencies although there are still many instances.

I'm watching tonight's program and have placed several items in my cart because I loved them. After reading the reviews on items that had them, I have removed almost all of my selections. The remaining ones, will take much more consideration because of both sizing problems for my body measurements, and especially for price when asking if it really is worth the asking price.

I do like the fact that there are times when the garment measurements for my size work for me, and other times they must work for someone else. We are all different. But I am having to work really hard when considering a purchase, and that wears me out to the point that I think I'll just skip the whole thing.  If the price was better, I don't think that would happen.

Honored Contributor

@IamLinny wrote:

I've been with The Q since 1991.  I am a 'certified' shopper, so says my dh Woman Very Happy  I don't post here much, but Susan's one time only for $48, regularly $58 is totally ridiculous!  It's a cotton knit with a lace up front.  A very common style now a days.  Why does it warrant such a price!  If enough of us refused to pay such prices, we would see her prices come back down to reality.

Just my opinion as I can no longer afford buying her brand. 

Would love to hear other's opinions on this.

I was watching a little of her show and there was a top I really liked.  Colorful print.  It is very cute and the price was $49 or it might have been higher.  I saw the price and changed the channel.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Love SG!! Don't mind paying for quality. Tonight purchased beautiful print lavender and black, Unusual design. Traveling next month, SG clothes easy peasy dressing. By the way! Search engine clearance found wonderful designs. Through today 4 easy pays on clearance.
Respected Contributor

When the SG line hits it out of the park in fit, quality and style, I think it is worth every penny. However, that doesn't happen with most items, and those that don't are overpriced compared to garments found at department stores like Macy's and Nordstrom's. And when the department stores put their items on sale, you definitely get a better bargain there. I must say that over the last several years I have seen a huge improvement in her line in multiple categories that are found in clothing. She is definitely addressing sizing inconsistencies although there are still many instances.

I'm watching tonight's program and have placed several items in my cart because I loved them. After reading the reviews on items that had them, I have removed almost all of my selections. The remaining ones, will take much more consideration because of both sizing problems for my body measurements, and especially for price when asking if it really is worth the asking price.

I do like the fact that there are times when the garment measurements for my size work for me, and other times they must work for someone else. We are all different. But I am having to work really hard when considering a purchase, and that wears me out to the point that I think I'll just skip the whole thing. If the price was better, I don't think that would happen.

Respected Contributor

I keep trying to post this reply without success, so I'm not sure what is going on ... here's another try.

I do like the fact that there are times when the garment measurements for my size work for me, and other times they must work for someone else. We are all different. But I am having to work really hard when considering a purchase, and that wears me out to the point that I think I'll just skip the whole thing. If the price was better, I don't think that would happen.

Valued Contributor

Re: cRe: Susan Graver Price Yikes!

I have been a Q customer since the 1989, what happened to FAIR pricing. Ecspecially Susan Graver and other designers. A lot of her clothing is nice, but, not that nice. I like to buy clothing from the Q, thinking twice before ordering.Hate going to brick and mortar unless I have to. 

Honored Contributor

Re: cRe: Susan Graver Price Yikes!

[ Edited ]
Go out to retail, Qvc & SG are not over priced. I'am selective with every purchase made. Think of how often wear and with what. Transitioning my wardrobe, What I enjoy about SG and several Qvc designers, Look fresh updated without trying to hard nor looking like my thirty something DIL. Lastly, This all from the comfort of home.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I did order one of her tee shirts for $ 35.00 which I must say is a high price. I did read that it was made in the USA so that probably is why the price is so high.