Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver Liquid Knit Top-Made In Vietnam ????

There was a time and I know because I was living then that people would look on the bottom of an item and if it was made in Japan, they would put it back in the bin or on the rack. How has that changed? I drive an Acura. My husband drives a Lexus. Guess what. Things change. I am not going to take my car back for a Chevrolet. Would you?

Respected Contributor

On 2/21/2014 namealreadytaken said:

There was a time and I know because I was living then that people would look on the bottom of an item and if it was made in Japan, they would put it back in the bin or on the rack. How has that changed? I drive an Acura. My husband drives a Lexus. Guess what. Things change. I am not going to take my car back for a Chevrolet. Would you?

Hi namealreadytaken.....yes, for some it has changed. For me, it's the same as Qvc contracting out with a clothing manufacturer in Iraq or Afghanistan. How would you feel about giving your money to Iran or Saudi Arabia to make clothes sold on Qvc. I have loved ones that were killed in Vietnam and Susan Graver is from my generation (or pretty close) and it feels like a slap in the face from her. She knows fully well how the majority of people feel about this.

eta: Susan Graver is in fact older than me. She is 60.

Honored Contributor

Found, I had relatives killed in Vietnam and more friends than I can count.

You know there were the North and the South Vietnamese and some were the good guys. We also were bombed at Pearl Harbor by the Japanese. My daddy's brother was killed.

Most of the native people of these nations likes the wars no more than we do/did.

I worked in Saudi Arabia and came back as the first Gulf War/Desert Storm was brewing. There are also some good people there who want change and hopefully, we will be instrumental in changing their culture of hatred of the west. There are some there who, I know, would like very much to become more westernized but their religion prevents it. With help, we can make changes. They need to see that our country allows one to worship whatever they choose as long as it is a religion of peace. We have a long way to go with the Middle East, but future generations may see it as not a monarchy or a theologian-dictated government, but a democracy.

What bothers me is what Jane Fonda did and said and those of her ilk. She should not have been allowed back in this country. What she did was far worse than Edward Snowden.

I would have to see her change her lifestyle and apologize to all those families whose loved ones were killed as a result of her sorry actions before I could ever even see a movie she was in.

I am not bothered that we now enter into trade agreements with them as that, hopefully, will prevent any future wars. Let's pray that it does.

I was working at the Pentagon during the Vietnam War and saw many young pilots/officers come through who later died. They died so the South Vietnamese might not have to live under communism. Without our becoming their friends after, our personnel and theirs will have died in vain.

I was active in working with the gold star wives and mothers of the Vietnam conflict after I went to work for a Congressman. I know the pain from family and friend. I do hope your pain abates. I know it is hard to let it go and to feel as if you would be a traitor, but you are not and would never be. Love the men in your life who gave their lives and respect that they died so others might know freedom and freedom is a matter here of entering into trade agreements.

P.S. Did I mention heretofore that my father was a business man who was killed in the Middle East? Many people felt I should not go there, but I just had to. I felt I could not leave this world without seeing where he died. He had worked there 25+ years. He loved it there and had many friends, but some militant did not like him because of his heritage.

Respected Contributor

namealreadytaken....I don't feel any such obligation to provide Vietnam with jobs that were meant for Americans if that's what you mean by "love the men in your life who gave their lives so that we could become allies with this country."

eta: I see that you you have now edited your post. Sorry, to read about your father.

Honored Contributor

Found, I appreciate and respect your opinion.

Respected Contributor

Found, I appreciate and respect your opinion.

Thanks. Have to go to bed now.

Honored Contributor

It's funny about the cars. My husband drives a BMW. Has for years and the only car he will drive. He wants a well made "German" engineered car. He has one. I drive a Honda. I love the car. I will only buy Hondas now.

Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver Liquid Knit Top-Made In Vietnam ? made in china may 2021 no never

@USA   How many posts does it take you to make a statement on this old, old post you dredged up?  The world situation has changed since 2014.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver Liquid Knit Top-Made In Vietnam ? made in china may 2021 no never

@Kachina624 wrote:

@USA   How many posts does it take you to make a statement on this old, old post you dredged up?  The world situation has changed since 2014.

@Kachina624 .  Mods must be busy.