New Contributor

Susan Graver Liquid Knit/ Lustra Knit Pants

[ Edited ]

What happened to Susan Graver’s Liquid Knit and Lustra knit pants?   I have the older version of both and they are heavier and fit perfect.   Recently I purchased two pair of her liquid knit pants and they are super thin and do not wear well!   Also I find they are more expensive.  Please go back to making them the way they were since the new version has not been getting such great reviews.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Susan Graver Liquid Knit/ Lustra Knit Pants

It's not just SG - D&Co is the same.  Material is thinner - construction of garment not what they were 15 or even 10 years ago.  QVC has to keep their prices in that range of $39 - so (my opinion) they now buy from other offshore countries where labor is cheaper and quality depends on that country - not the US.  I look at my french terry from D&Co from the past - and today it's all thin thin thin.  I don't buy SG but can believe what you are posting.  Quality just isn't part of the Q anymore - they can't afford it.

New Contributor

You’re right!  Even Denim & Co. is not the same.  It’s so disappointing that the “Q” I started with is going down hill with a lot of their products.  😕

Respected Contributor

I just sent back a SG top assymetrical print (made in the USA of imported fabric). The fabric was very thin and clingy right out of the bag. The price was still in the fifties. I have a lot of SG tops and this was just not acceptible.  I haven't ordered any D&C  in a while but satisfied with everything I have ever ordered from this line.

Honored Contributor

I don't see any difference in her lustra knit pants ... those are the nylon/span blend.  In the past year I bought a couple of pairs of lustra knit ... they don't appear to be any different than the ones I already own that I bought years ago (and I'm still wearing).    

My favorite lustra knit style has the sewn crease down the front.  Those have been discontinued.  I have every color but the brown.  I also like the A7932 lustra knit. I have multiples of those.   I keep buying new colors.  I don't think they have changed at all.

Her early liquid knit pants were very flimsy.  I have two pairs and wear a liner under them because the fabric is so thin. But - they are wide leg and look great ... so I keep wearing them.

I got four pairs of her recent cargo pants ... they are okay.  No liner needed.  Fit is good.