Occasional Contributor

Why would Susan and the hoast s keep saying how soft the material was when in fact it is extremely scratchy.  Very disappointed.

Valued Contributor

Re: Susan Graver Linen shirt

Sorry to hear that.  I have sensitive skin so I'm glad I wasn't persuaded.  I wonder if using Downy in the wash would help?  

Honored Contributor

Probably to make a sale??!!!!  I don't like linen for many reasons.

Esteemed Contributor

It must be a blended linen

Valued Contributor

I ordered her linen shirt that looked like it had embossed leaves on it a few weeks ago and found that to be a bit scratchy too. I sent it back.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like linen, but I can't wear it.  I can't wear wool either and they both feel the same to me.........scratchy and itchy.  I was so tempted by that SG shirt, because it was a blend, but talked myself out of it.  By the time you pay 6.95 + the original shipping deducted, it costs $10 to return anything.  After reading your posts, glad I didn't cave.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan always says that when she gets her samples at home, she "throws" everything in the washing machine and dryer.

I'm guessing that the shirt(s) she was wearing and showing on TV were washed .... and any sizing washed out of the fabric.

------------------

ETA:   I try things on - but always wash before I wear it.

Respected Contributor

I had purchased the Denim & Co. TSV linen blend pants and they were just like this Graver shirt you described.  Heavy scratchy itchy....awful.  I learned a lesson....NO linen anything for me...ever! LOL no matter what the hosts are saying...it's so soft like a babies blanket...NOT.

Never again.

Respected Contributor

I sent my tsv shirt back immediately after trying it on. Scratchy and itchy. Won't make the mistake again of being seduced by the gushing hosts and vendors. 

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

I had purchased the Denim & Co. TSV linen blend pants and they were just like this Graver shirt you described.  Heavy scratchy itchy....awful.  I learned a lesson....NO linen anything for me...ever! LOL no matter what the hosts are saying...it's so soft like a babies blanket...NOT.

Never again.

I have 2 pairs of the Denim Co linen crops, & they are very comfortable.  Maybe the fabric reacts differently to each dye?