Regular Contributor

Re: Susan Graver Fashion Prices

It's not just her but all the designers.  I quess that they think raising prices will improve business but will have the opposite effect.  Whenever they bring in a new line they raise prices if it is popular.  My husband laughs at some of the ridiculous prices.  If I really like something I wait until marked down.  Most of the high priced stuff goes on clearance fairly quickly.  It was overpriced even at the lower prices.

Honored Contributor

With the increased prices - I just shop less often and rarely buy anythng at full price unless it's something I REALLY like.

I just donated bags of liquid knit tops ... I think I'm over that stage.   I did most of my winter shoppng at LandsEnd and JCP for everyday clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

I am on the side which feels each of us sets our own plateau as to how much we are willing to pay. I am by no means a wealthy person, but will elevate my price point if I feel there is a quality and style return on the increased price.  I do own clothing from Susan Graver, including outerwear. Most of the items I've ordered have always been excellent to acceptable.  That said, I won't pay $59 for liquid knit tanks and shells.  As already stated some of the other items have reached the point where I say no.  For fabrics and styles of the Graver line one can shop Macy's any day and check out their proprietary brands Alfani and Style & Co to see plenty of styles similar to those in Graver's line.  The regular MSRP price points are similar, but we all know that if you have a Macy's account you usually can pull up some kind of coupon to get a few dollars off the purchase.  With those coupons you can usually discount most Macy's fashion purchases by15 to 25%. 

Valued Contributor

@Trix  and at Macys you get free shipping and free returns.

Valued Contributor

@ginirn My husband did the same thing laughed at the prices. I've shopped at Ross and bought blouses that resemble Susan Graver's blouses and only paid $7.99 Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan’s prices have gone up, but so have all other lines at the Q. I also think D & Co. prices are high. I don’t think the vendors or designers have any say in the prices. The Q will charge what the market will bear.  I have noticed that lots of tops in most brands tend to be $50 or more now.  I don’t mind spending a bit more for something I really love, but usually I can find things I like in my local stores for less money. 

Honored Contributor

Was there a point to this post?   SG is not the Walmart or Old Navy of QVC.  Yes indeed, there are those of us don't bat an eye at SG prices or Isaac's prices or LOGO or any other QVC clothing line.  They are in the price range that we typically find at  Chicos or WHBM or J Jill  even Coldwater Creek.  When someone says something is over priced all that means is that the person complaining cannot afford that particular thing.  Well, there things that we all would like to have, things we all want but can't have.  Not because those things are over priced.  It's because we cannot afford them and that is ok.  We don't whine about it.  We shop save for one special piece or we shop on clearance or we accept the fact of situation and just shop elsewhere.  You financial situation isn't what you want it to be and I'm sorry for that but that is your personal situation.  

Honored Contributor

@QVCalm wrote:
.....Evine calling....

Exactly!!!!    Good grief, why moan and groan and boo hoo over QVC prices when all they have to do is check out Evine, lots of nice things at more affordable prices over there.

Respected Contributor

I buy the majority of my clothes from Evine. They have many things in the styles I like and prices are reasonable. I've seen quite a few posts here stating some won't shop due to shipping, perceived quality as opposed to Q and HSN, hosts, and sets aren't pretty enough.
Contributor

He4 tunic liquid knit tops should not sell for any more than thirty dollars. Polyester tunic tops can be found in Chico’s, Macy’s, and lots of othe4 brick and mortar stores. Nothing wrong with her polyester but just because she gave polyester the title of liquid knit doesn’t mean it should cost fifty dollars more than it should. She co7nts on woman’s who can’t leave the house to go shopping or just don’t want. I like som3 of he4 tops but not at these ridiculous prices.