Honored Contributor

MY her prices have at least doubled or tripled over the past couple of years.  Some tops/ tunics etc almost $90.00.  I can not believe it. I know she has a following, but, her fashion is definitely not that great... more like Denim and Co..... Nothing special.

She must be socking away the extra bucks for her Grand Children's retirement or something.... just seems like    her prices have  gotten out of hand.  

Sure, some people will not even care how much her things or anything cost....   the sky's the limit$$$$$, but, many people  I am sure  are getting priced out of her line. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Susan Graver Fashion Prices

she love her "I agree with your thughts on Gravee.  He prices have at least doubled over the past years but the quality has not.  Why does she love her "liquid knit"?  It is not special; tired of the cheap fabric.  Would not miss her if she left.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a lot of her clothes.  But I too have noticed an increase in her prices.  I have a limit on how much I am willing to pay for something, when I already have plenty of things to wear.  And frankly, I am getting a bit tired of liquid knit.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I was going to order one of the tunics this morning until I saw the almost $70 price tag.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I was going to order one of the tunics this morning until I saw the almost $70 price tag.d

@DrKelli   I saw her hooded sweatshirt with chiffon sleeves.  I thought it was cute.  But at $70, I thought she & QVC were out of their minds!  I'm sorry, but Susan Graver clothes commanding those prices is ridiculous!

Contributor

Couldn't agree more. I bought one item from her, a cardigan, which started pilling after one wear.  In contrast, I was in London recently and went to Primark, which is a cheap store and I only go there when I need something that can be disposed of. I saw a nice cardi for 9 Pounds = ca.  $ 12.  After more then 10 wears, no pilling and the sleeves are still nice and tight around the wrists.  I called my daughter who lives there and asked her to get me some other colors.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched or purchased clothing from Q in about 2 years now, but as to the liquid knit, that fabric is very heavy. I owned a few pieces and have donated them. That being said, there are people who will post that they love it, wear practically nothing else, it lasts forever, worth it at any price, blah, blah, blah. As long as people continue to pay the stupidly ridiculous prices for the mediocre clothing products, Q will continue to sell them, happily. Yes, each person has their own price point at which they will balk. I reached mine a long time ago, price for what you get doesn't balance out, for me.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

MY her prices have at least doubled or tripled over the past couple of years.  Some tops/ tunics etc almost $90.00.  I can not believe it. I know she has a following, but, her fashion is definitely not that great... more like Denim and Co..... Nothing special.

She must be socking away the extra bucks for her Grand Children's retirement or something.... just seems like    her prices have  gotten out of hand.  

Sure, some people will not even care how much her things or anything cost....   the sky's the limit$$$$$, but, many people  I am sure  are getting priced out of her line. 

The Graver line is owned by QVC, and they set the prices.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I agree! Susan/QVC has priced herself out of my retired budget. No way can I justify paying that much for anything of hers. 

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure Susan doesn't set her prices. QVC does.

If I don't care for a line of clothing, I really don't pay any attention to the prices.  It doesn't matter to me how cheap or expensive a line if I'm not going to buy it.