Super Contributor

Re: Susan Graver Fashion Prices

.....Evine calling....
Contributor

I had the same reaction when I saw that hoodie with the chiffon sleeves.  $70 --geez, no way. Her pricing HAS gone up a lot.

Honored Contributor

This morning I did a quick look at the Dennis Basso show - his items were also priced high - more than I am going to spend on something I don't know if it will fit - it's just to expensive to try on and send back.  I always have the best of intentions when I order but am usually disappointed...

Respected Contributor

I used to buy a lot of her liquid knit tops in the past but for the past year or so I noticed a change in the fabric.  Her liquid knit is starting to look like real cheap polyester.  Also, her designs are getting ridiculous. Huge patterns, constantly showing that long peplum in the back and those huge bell sleeves.  Just saw her latest liquid knit pants with these flowers on the side that were absolutely horrible.  I live in the NY area so there is a very eclectic mix of styles and tastes but I have never, ever seen any of these ugly patterns amd styles that she is showing lately.  And yes, her prices are getting ridiculous for cheap polyester.

Esteemed Contributor

The last SG tunic/top I bought was about a year ago - v-neck top with laser cut-outs on the sleeves. It was on sale and seemed to be a much thinner material than the liquid knit I'd bought previously. There really isn't anything new from her line - it's all the same and over priced IMO. I'm sure there are still women who like her line and will order, but I can find a much more reasonable top elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree about the prices.  Over the years I have purchased many SG items, and enjoyed them.  But, I have been retired for quite a few years and still wear the same size, so I don't need more clothes.  While some of her things are cute, and I like liquid knit, I just cannot justify paying $70 for a top, a casual jacket, etc.  And, now her pants start at $50 or so.  Bob Mackie and Linea items are often the same or lower prices, plus I don't care for peplums, big flowers, bell and other "special" sleeves, etc.  But, I guess others must be buying.  Oh well, I really don't need new clothes, so this makes it easier not to buy.  

Trusted Contributor

I noticed the SAME THING, the easy pay distracted ME in the past!!! But I am beling more careful and looking for more AS IS items.

Plus when you factor in the SHIPPING, I am starting to look at other stores especially macys who has free shipping.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind.

Honored Contributor

She can shake hands with Logo -- quote "if you don't know what it means, it is Lori Goldstein."  LOL  That is said in her commercial.  Anyway, her tops are $80 and above.  No way, I will shop at Nordstrom.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Seems prices have gone up across the board... most all products. And AS IS my special place to shop is not all that low anymore.  I think  at  some point if they want to do well they are going to have to come up with a way to  encourage customers  to shop. 

As for me I watch at times and the changes are easy to spot.  If I see a style I like I simply  take note,  wait and go to As IS or Clearance.. but it  takes patience.  

In my case my clothing wardrop comes from Walmart, Costco, and some online catalogues.  Works for me and I get compliments as long as I am careful to match color and design.