Valued Contributor

Susan Graver Exclusive to QVC?

Today I was shopping in Sturbridge Mass, and in one of the stores handling a variety of items.,  there was a rack of SG blouses for $18.00.    When have we seen a SG blouse for $18.00?  These were new with the "jeweled necklace" attached.  Seem a bit strange?

Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver Exclusive to QVC?

It does seem strange, but as I think of it, it has been said SG is Q's designer, not Q is the only one who sells her clothing.  

Also, maybe the S Graver ladies can correct me, but it seems she had a blouse with an attached necklace too!

Honored Contributor

Probably a factory overrun dumped on the discount market

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@DesertdiGood guess.  I haven't seen SG, but I have seen plenty of shopping channel extras that vendors buy by the truckload and sell off at auctions around here for almost nothing.  Sheet sets for $5, towels for less than that, pots and pans, etc.  Every once in a while there's actually a bargain, but most of what's offered isn't worth any more than they are asking for it.

Esteemed Contributor

I am sure there are things that don't sell on QVC that end up there....

Honored Contributor

At one time there was a website where anyone could buy pallets worth of q stuff.  It may still be out there, but I don't remember where to find it.  People would sell it on eBay.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen SG clothes and QF and D&C at Beall's Outlets.

Honored Contributor

Wow - I opened this to read and was blinded by the OP text.  Is it just me?  Way too bright and hard to read.  Fuschia, large font, bold face and italics all at once?  Have pity on those of us who find things like that very difficult to read.

I've gathered the gist of it from other posts, but I wish the moderators would limit the colors, font sizes, etc. that we can now use. 

Sorry, off to get my sunglasses.  (Just received two SG tops that I really like; that's the reason I opened this thread, in case you're wondering!)

Frequent Contributor

It doesn't surprise me.  I have seen QVC merchandise at OLLIES (whose moto is Good Stuff...CHEAP!) 

A designer can be exclusive to QVC and still have other lines out there.....Isaac Mizrahi Live is QVC line but Isaac Mizrahi is also in higher end stores as well as online.

Some clothing lines are owned by QVC outright like Denim & Company.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

At one time there was a website where anyone could buy pallets worth of q stuff.  It may still be out there, but I don't remember where to find it.  People would sell it on eBay.  

yes, you still can......

http://www.qvcliquidation.com/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein