Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver Exclusive to QVC?

@sommertime wrote:

@Andreatoo I see your point that you were making. I always thought the wholesale pallets were boxes of Q returns that were less than new, thus labeled seconds or 3rd quality. Of course, nobody wants to purchase a return from the Q when they think they are getting new. Seems to me that the Q only wants to deal in first quality goods for sale on tv and not look like a bargain basement retailer. Yes, I know occasionally an item slips thru the return process and gets re-sold.

@sommertime

That would make sense if the Q didn't regularly sell already worn/returned items 'As Is'.

I'm just asking that they pass along some discounts to us!

HSN and Evine both do clearance prices that are spectacular! And they're not already worn returned pieces!

And given the Q's changes of late I suspect they are seeing some significant differences in their market share so are adjusting accordingly. They just need to take that next step...

Occasional Contributor

Is anyone else tired of all the Susan Graver shows on the Q?  

Honored Contributor

No, I enjoy them.  The more shows, the better I like it!!!

I'd prefer to see only Susan Graver, Lori Goldstein, Lisa Rinna and Renee Greenstein "fashion" shows.  Get rid of all the male "fashion" vendors.

Valued Contributor

I have seen Denim and Co. at Tuesday Mornings as well.  The designs were older, where the tag was navy blue. 

Valued Contributor

@Big Sister  OK, I will not use it again

Occasional Contributor

Neec,

I, too, am TIRED of SG.  She is on WAY TOO MUCH.  Her motormouth annoys me.  She is so rude to the hosts.  

I, also am EXHAUSTED with LOGO, which are cheesy and ugly and WAY overpriced.

QVC has gotten less and less of my business and even less to come since I've read this forum where they are selling pallets of merchandise at  seriously discounted prices without offering these discount prices to the people who support them in the first place.....US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JTK

Honored Contributor

@JTK wrote:

Neec,

I, too, am TIRED of SG.  She is on WAY TOO MUCH.  Her motormouth annoys me.  She is so rude to the hosts.  

I, also am EXHAUSTED with LOGO, which are cheesy and ugly and WAY overpriced.

QVC has gotten less and less of my business and even less to come since I've read this forum where they are selling pallets of merchandise at  seriously discounted prices without offering these discount prices to the people who support them in the first place.....US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JTK

I'm confused .... you are exhausted with LOGO and think it's cheesy and ugly and WAY overpriced ... yet ... you are upset that QVC isn't offering the merchandise to you at discounted prices.

Would it not be so cheesy and ugly if it cost less?

Trusted Contributor

Susan Graver and LOGO are also sold on Zulily.  I see Q designers and styles occasionally at Home Goods, Marshalls and TJ Maxx.  Many Q old designers are in these stores also.  If you find what you want the price is so much better and the items are all new.  Used to love Ross but they left the area.  I remember not to long ago SG said that she could only be found at the Q and I had seen her clothing elsewhere.  Have not heard her say it recently but I have not watched much.  I was having to return to much because of quality and sizing.  I gave up.

Esteemed Contributor

If there's a method to QVC's madness aka how they sell or get rid of old inventory, it's hard to fathom. QVC considers $5 off a clothing item a real "sale".

Look how long the infamous Susan Graver "roadkill" coat was available on QVC's website. It was on there forever -- a poorly selling TSV that morphed into one of the longest items left in inventory on QVC.com.

When was the last time Maxx N.Y. handbags were on air with Cherie Christmas? 5 years ago or more? And yet there's 8 different item numbers for handbags if you put Maxx NY in the QVC search engine.

What clothing or department store retailer keeps their inventory around that long? Nobody but QVC!

Honored Contributor

Just out of curiousity, I did a search of Susan Graver on Ebay and 11,000+ auctions came up.   So, you can get SG clothes there, too.