Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I bought a Susan Graver liquid knit dress. I just had a mastectomy about 2 weeks before a wedding. So I ordered a 1X in the dress. I was still a bit swollen and wanted to make sure I was well covered.  The dress fit great and I was pleased with the dress. In fact I decided to order another - just in case a needed another dress.

So I ordered an XL in a different color. Well, the XL is falling off the shoulders and seems so much bigger than the 1X. I don't get it. I thought I was ordering down. Now I am not sure if I should take a chance and order another size.

Regular Contributor

My experience is that in most lines, QVC and other stores, that an XL is larger than a 1X.  I have never understood this, it kind of goes...L,1X, XL, 2X.  There are some exceptions, I think, Talbots & LLBean among others.    Makes it hard. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sizing is so inconsistent lately....very frustrating......but more importantly, i wish you good health........

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla  You can get the specific garment measurements by going to the description of the item and clicking where it says "click here" at the end of the text.  The XL and 1X are very close; occasionally the XL will be slightly larger.  The shoulders may also be wider.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thanks ladies.  I am not sure what to do. Because it is knit I don't have a problem with the rest of the dress. But the idea of the dress being too big and slipping around my shoulders, won't work.