Super Contributor
On 9/12/2014 nantucket shore said:
On 9/12/2014 allieoh said: I do find it amusing that I haven't read many of the Joan threads, but each of the ones I've seen turns into an argument! No matter how benign the topic appears to be....

Actually it doesn't even have to be a Joan thread, any subject these days turn into an argument.....must be the season changing.

The people who do the arguing or try to start arguing are the same ones in the past getting uptight about Joan's language and her jokes. A lot of us want to discuss All things Joan from Bees to movies to her passing and some for whatever reason try and turn into something bad and they must be very unhappy people. I feel sorry for their significant others and can only imagine what they have to put up with!
Respected Contributor
On 9/12/2014 allieoh said: I do find it amusing that I haven't read many of the Joan threads, but each of the ones I've seen turns into an argument! No matter how benign the topic appears to be....

Some of that's because there's a poster who's obsessed with the topic & has put up multiple posts, many of which are just gossip-mongering unsubstantiated headlines from questionable news sources.