Honored Contributor

I'm also disappointed in the lack of selection of products so far for this event. The online selection is meager, but l guess they want us to keep watching the show, to see if additional items appear that aren't shown online.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Oh, puleeeeze....do you really believe LR picked out all the products in the previous years??????

Trusted Contributor

I checked into Super Saurday, tickets are 850 (VIP tent access +gift bag),650(gift bag),450 (entrance),150 (ages 5-15).  The majoriy of Q offerings are more of the usual stock with great pricing (80% proceeds going to ocrf). I wish they would show more of what is being sold, any of the vendors that are not normally on Q.  Oak 73 had a bag there and I have never heard of this brand. The ticket holders arent buying Halo chargers.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Super Saturday

[ Edited ]

@springers wrote:

I checked into Super Saurday, tickets are 850 (VIP tent access +gift bag),650(gift bag),450 (entrance),150 (ages 5-15).  The majoriy of Q offerings are more of the usual stock with great pricing (80% proceeds going to ocrf). I wish they would show more of what is being sold, any of the vendors that are not normally on Q.  Oak 73 had a bag there and I have never heard of this brand. The ticket holders arent buying Halo chargers.

The same thing is true of Shoes on Sale.  Many additional brands which don't get air time from QVC or listed on QVC.com, but ticket holders see at the event.  Having said that, it can never be said enough that both events are to support a cause. If you truly believe in the cause behind the event, and don't like the offerings on QVC or miss out on the items you do want, one of the fine organizations involved with ovarian and breast cancer will gladly accept your check as a show of your support to the cause.  

Trusted Contributor

I agree Trix. I only mention it because I know it could generate more money. I guess if you pay 800 to enter you should have more selection.

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

Oh, puleeeeze....do you really believe LR picked out all the products in the previous years??????

Of course LR didn't pick out all the products.  DUH

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor
Laura Geller's Garden Party kit caught my eye. It was selling for $59.50. I saw the presentation and the price sticker on the box clearly read $49!
Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

I do not think Lisa picked out ALL the products that were on in previous years but because this was a cause that was very near and dear to her heart, I do think she helped to get more merchandise from other vendors.

It doesn't seem as if they had nearly the amount of product to show they've had in the past and there weren't many higher end items being presented as there has been in years past.  

Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray wrote:
Laura Geller's Garden Party kit caught my eye. It was selling for $59.50. I saw the presentation and the price sticker on the box clearly read $49!

Yes it certainly did.  I thought I noticed that but then was sure I had to be wrong.  Then I went and read the review of the kit from a blogger and she took a photo of the box and it states the retail value is $137.00 but the price was $49.00. 

Regular Contributor

I don't even know why the Q bothers to have Super Saturday.  Everything is sold out before they can even present it.  The guest is there to talk about their product and it's gone before they even say hello.  Don't know why they just don't broadcast from there and have regular clearance items on and then throw "a surprise" new item in.  They can still give proceeds to this extremely worthwhile cause.  I quit watching after 5 minutes since they either showed an item that was sold out before being presented or interviewing someone.