Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Sunday 11/20 - IMAN Wrap Accessory TS & New for Nov!

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl Mine have too!!!! Looking forward to it on....FRIDAY as that's when it is all scheduled to arrive : D

I had no idea Colleen's DIL was a model; I don't pay attention to that stuff UNLESS the person bugs me (obviously Joy's daughter does that, lol and now that I know WHO she is....subject dropped). Wonder how that went down.....

I love Iman and her foot issue is obviously a large one. I've noticed she has been sitting down far more often than usual; foot pain (ANY pain) just...sucks.

Her TSV with Joy (insert gagging sound) is a small crossover bag. NOT anything thrilling or stylish but I'm sure many will consider it practical so it will sell.The quality difference between Iman's bags and the Iman & Joy bags is 180 degrees different and for the worse. That's one item I won't be buying or watching (can't stand Joy so there it is. Her Huggable hangers, however, ARE brilliant).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

I'm the one who mentioned nepotism regarding the blonde chick and doing the "let's style with Iman". They started doing this recently and it doesn't add anything to the presentation. I had no idea she was Joy's daughter but it made sense because Joy is also a partner in the G by Giuliana Rancic line. Joy brings a lot of power oops money to HSN; her daughter is very fortunate.

There is a host who is married to a big wig executive at HSN and is not one of the better presenters. Many have commented over the years but she's not going anywhere and everyone knows why.

Like I said, I don't the blonde chick adds or brings anything to the presentation. It's filler/fluff and IMAN and others did very well sale wise before she was added. Nepotism can open the door but not needing it after that? Yeah, ok.

JMHO.

I want to think that Jackie does a lot of stuff on The List with Colleen on Thursday nights too.  Quite honestly, I could do without her all the way around.  To me, as you said, she adds nothing and it gets annoying after awhile because she is doing what the host could be doing.

Is the host you are talking about that is married to the big wig Robin Wall?    

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:
@Chi-town girl
Actually the Colleen daughter-in-law thing bothers me more because I see a model like Sonya, who's been there forever, who was probably passed over for Christie. Christie is a model I didn't even notice until the relationship thing started. She may have been with HSN a long time but she's not a standout model in my opinion. Speaking of standout models how about that new one with the shaved head? Wow is she gorgeous!

Christie is not and never has been a model on HSN.  She only models for Colleen's shows and she didn't model for Colleen until more recently.  I can't remember if it was right after she became Colleen's DIL or a little before. She is part of Colleen's team somehow but I cannot remember exactly what Colleen said Christie's title is with the clothing line.    

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:
@winamac1
Oye! Let's take out the word 'but' and replace it with unfortunately. Unfortunately she will always be trying to prove herself because she is related to somebody else that's already established in the business. I think she knows exactly what she's talking about and she's good at what she's doing. But there are those who will continue to assume that she's only in her position because of who she's related to.
I suspect this particular gig was because of her mom but she was already in the fashion business prior to this so she did come into this with real credentials

AGAIN Andrea...you are not acknowledging that I never said the word nepotism...It's not really a big deal, but you didn't acknowledge that it wasn't me that stated it even AFTER it was brought to your attention!  There is no "but".

I think she's darling.  No ands, ifs or buts about it--at least on my part so there is no qualification of my post.

jeez louise...

@winamac1

IT WASN'T YOU THAT USED THE WORD NEPOTISM

Honored Contributor

I think Jackie is cute.  I think she does a really nice job and looks good in everything.

It's nice to see them bringing in some younger talent. 

My good friends' daughter is interested in trying to be a show host there, and she may have an interview.  She's young so I hope having someone like Jackie on there gives her some hope.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:
@Chi-town girl
Actually the Colleen daughter-in-law thing bothers me more because I see a model like Sonya, who's been there forever, who was probably passed over for Christie. Christie is a model I didn't even notice until the relationship thing started. She may have been with HSN a long time but she's not a standout model in my opinion. Speaking of standout models how about that new one with the shaved head? Wow is she gorgeous!

Yep. Christie's 'major' contribution according to Colleen was gifting a Barefoot Dreams item to Colleen which prompted Colleen to create a dupe, lol. Christie does model for HSN and most likely did get the job b/c of a familial relationship. I like the new model with the shaved head, was the IMAN event her 1st hsn gig? HSN has a good diverse group of models in various sizes, heights & shapes. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Chi-town girl Mine have too!!!! Looking forward to it on....FRIDAY as that's when it is all scheduled to arrive : D

I had no idea Colleen's DIL was a model; I don't pay attention to that stuff UNLESS the person bugs me (obviously Joy's daughter does that, lol and now that I know WHO she is....subject dropped). Wonder how that went down.....

I love Iman and her foot issue is obviously a large one. I've noticed she has been sitting down far more often than usual; foot pain (ANY pain) just...sucks.

Her TSV with Joy (insert gagging sound) is a small crossover bag. NOT anything thrilling or stylish but I'm sure many will consider it practical so it will sell.The quality difference between Iman's bags and the Iman & Joy bags is 180 degrees different and for the worse. That's one item I won't be buying or watching (can't stand Joy so there it is. Her Huggable hangers, however, ARE brilliant).

Kudos to HSN for shipping my IMAN orders via 2 day air, not by my request or wallet Woman LOL I received 3 sets of wraps, the sequin wrap top and the slouchy suede boots today! 

Everything is packaged nicely. The wraps will make beautiful gifts. Love the boots, a nice taupy gray tone that will go well with gray or taupe outfits or as a neutral tone. 

The boots had $0 s&h charge. I paid $3 for the 1st set of wraps, $1.50 for each addtl item. my total shipping fee was 7.50 for 2 large boxes shipped 2nd day air! Well done IMAN & HSN Heart 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl  WOW, that is fantastic!!! I've never used that form of shipping as it's usually 2 days via UPS when it comes from VA. TN... add in 1-2 more days. I *think* they're shipping from VA because they would have arrived today if not for Thanksgiving.

I'm excited about the boots; ordered them in black (of course) but am waiting to see if they go down in price so I can order the grey and camel. Her leather moto jackets went down to $99....$40 less than what I paid for them... grrrr.  I LOVE mine, though (black and camel) and the quality and fit is EXCELLENT. I bought the one from last year as well (fur collar) and they're different enough in style to provide a different look/vibe.

I LOVE the model with the shaved head. I love the Argan model... can't believe she's 56!! (She's the one that Adrienne uses to sell her Argan products). Love the larger sized models as well; IMAN uses a shorter one and a taller one and that's a big deal to me. : )

Glad to hear the scarves are so nice; I ordered the sequined cowl sweater in red an black for the holidays (and the velvet pants) so hearing how nice they are is a very good thing.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Honored Contributor

@Sahmlam @Chi-town girl
Natalie, the Argan model, is actually 52 but prepare to have your mind blown; Carol, the tall slender blonde with the bob? Is in her sixties! I only know this because she also used to model for Adrian. The shaved head model has been there for a few weeks from what I can tell
Happy Thanksgiving all
Honored Contributor

Woman LOL I thought if I ordered 3 sets of the wraps, it will be easy to pick 2 or 3 and gift the others...I want them all Woman LOL  

I could use every color and hope she brings it back to include a soft rose gold tone and a light silver blue.  The knit is beautiful. Light weight, as an accessory,  not for warmth. I will gift 2 or 3 and will pick up a few more sets for myself.

Disappointed in the fit/look of the sequin wrap top. It's going back. I bought the red. It runs large - the v cut is too low and b/c it's too big it looks a bit matronly. If I had sized down it might have been a keeper but b/c of the color +sequins, I don't think I would wear it often. A better choice for me is to buy more wraps and accessorize with my fav sweaters or tops.

I think it would be more chic if the sweater top had long sleeves and that it actually wrapped with ties at the waist, ala DKNY. Anyone thinking about the wrap top should probably size down. 

Please post reviews of the cowl neck sequin top. how is the fit/sizing?