Honored Contributor

Re: Sunday 11/20 - IMAN Wrap Accessory TS & New for Nov!

@winamac1 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

* Still waiting for the fringy sweater thing

*THAT explains why the blonde chic is always doing "how to style IMAN'S stuff". Since Joy is a vested partner in the line, her daughter is doing something to earn her keep. Nepotism at its best.

*I wound up buying MANY things... many. The cowl neck sweater with sequins in red and black will be perfect for the holidays with the black velvet pants. @Chi-town girl I also added those boots in grey and black. LOVE her shoes! The cut out shoulder top and 2 pairs of her skinny jeans (for boots) should soon be here as well.

Now to wait and see what the clearance sales bring. 

She's always styling G Rancic's line too--it's her job.

I didn't know she was Joy's daughter.  She is adorable and does a great job--if it's the girl I'm thinking of!  I had no idea she was related to Joy--she's a natural in front of the camera and is excellent.

@winamac1

I agree but that's the nature of being related to someone else in the biz; you have to prove yourself over and over and over.....

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

*THAT explains why the blonde chic is always doing "how to style IMAN'S stuff". Since Joy is a vested partner in the line, her daughter is doing something to earn her keep. Nepotism at its best.

*I wound up buying MANY things... many. The cowl neck sweater with sequins in red and black will be perfect for the holidays with the black velvet pants. @Chi-town girl I also added those boots in grey and black. LOVE her shoes! The cut out shoulder top and 2 pairs of her skinny jeans (for boots) should soon be here as well.

She's always styling G Rancic's line too--it's her job.

I didn't know she was Joy's daughter.  She is adorable and does a great job--if it's the girl I'm thinking of!  I had no idea she was related to Joy--she's a natural in front of the camera and is excellent.

@winamac1

I agree but that's the nature of being related to someone else in the biz; you have to prove yourself over and over and over.....

What's the "but" for?  I basically defended her daughter.  Call me confused.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@winamac1

I was refering to the original post citing nepotism...

I AGREE with your statement. Others will continue to challange her expertise.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@winamac1

I was refering to the original post citing nepotism...

I AGREE with your statement. Others will continue to challange her expertise.

Andreatoo--I am even more confused now.  Where is my post "citing nepotism"?

I think that was someone else....I don't recall stating that.  Please copy it and post my words...Thanks

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

Andreatoo----I think you are referring to this poster...

Honored Contributor

I'm the one who mentioned nepotism regarding the blonde chick and doing the "let's style with Iman". They started doing this recently and it doesn't add anything to the presentation. I had no idea she was Joy's daughter but it made sense because Joy is also a partner in the G by Giuliana Rancic line. Joy brings a lot of power oops money to HSN; her daughter is very fortunate.

There is a host who is married to a big wig executive at HSN and is not one of the better presenters. Many have commented over the years but she's not going anywhere and everyone knows why.

Like I said, I don't the blonde chick adds or brings anything to the presentation. It's filler/fluff and IMAN and others did very well sale wise before she was added. Nepotism can open the door but not needing it after that? Yeah, ok.

JMHO.

Honored Contributor

@winamac1
Oye! Let's take out the word 'but' and replace it with unfortunately. Unfortunately she will always be trying to prove herself because she is related to somebody else that's already established in the business. I think she knows exactly what she's talking about and she's good at what she's doing. But there are those who will continue to assume that she's only in her position because of who she's related to.
I suspect this particular gig was because of her mom but she was already in the fashion business prior to this so she did come into this with real credentials
Honored Contributor

All of my IMAN orders shipped! ETA of 11/23, double wow. That's super fast for HSN. Usually I have to wait a week while it's processing/packaging to get a shipping notification. 

I think Jackie the stylist/model for the website photos posted above is ok. Did she get the gig b/c she's Joy's daughter? Most likely yes. IMAN has some good styling tips, and that's why I like to watch her shows. I don't feel the same about Jackie. IMAN has foot issues, so you don't see her running around not even to approach the models to discuss styling as does MarlaWynne or other fashion vendors. So Jackie has a more prominent role for IMAN's shows. I notice that Jackie has the same laugh/verbal expressions as Joy. 

Joy's other daughter is active in Joy's home products business.  She's been on air more frequently.  Colleen brags about hiring her DIL to work on Colleen's line & she models often during the weekly Thurs show. Yep, perks of a familial relationship,  they got the job... not necessarily b/c they were the 'best' candidate.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl
Actually the Colleen daughter-in-law thing bothers me more because I see a model like Sonya, who's been there forever, who was probably passed over for Christie. Christie is a model I didn't even notice until the relationship thing started. She may have been with HSN a long time but she's not a standout model in my opinion. Speaking of standout models how about that new one with the shaved head? Wow is she gorgeous!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:
@winamac1
Oye! Let's take out the word 'but' and replace it with unfortunately. Unfortunately she will always be trying to prove herself because she is related to somebody else that's already established in the business. I think she knows exactly what she's talking about and she's good at what she's doing. But there are those who will continue to assume that she's only in her position because of who she's related to.
I suspect this particular gig was because of her mom but she was already in the fashion business prior to this so she did come into this with real credentials

AGAIN Andrea...you are not acknowledging that I never said the word nepotism...It's not really a big deal, but you didn't acknowledge that it wasn't me that stated it even AFTER it was brought to your attention!  There is no "but".

I think she's darling.  No ands, ifs or buts about it--at least on my part so there is no qualification of my post.

jeez louise...