Honored Contributor

I frequently shop/order from EVERLANEdotcom. They have free returns, but a restocking fee of $7-$8. Well, that's a sneaky way to get around the free return issue, no?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

The prices at Sundance are on the high side.  Now Robert has the nerve to charge you for a return.  I wonder if he can actually do that?  So if you return something for a different size you are charged $7.95.  Robert will be losing customers left and right.  First of all, he needs to lower his prices to gain new customers and keep some old ones.  Then he needs to lower his shipping charges.  You have to treat customers good and they will end up doubling in size. Wake up, Robert.

@Katcat1 

you are not charged any shipping fees if you are exchanging for size or color.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

always, always, always read the return policies that are in writing from companies you purchase from online.

The purchase price of the merchandise will be credited back to your original method of payment. We will deduct a return postage fee of $7.95 when the SmartLabel® is used. For large items we will deduct a return postage fee of $12.95. In the case of an exchange for the same same item (exchanging for different size, color) shipping fees will not be charged. Exchanges for different items will have shipping fees applied.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Hearing stories like this make me happy I only shop local stores in person or from Von Maur online. Impeccable service both ways!! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

We have a store here in my area and I have always loved the bags in the catalog but never purchased.  I always go in to see what's new as I have enjoyed the catalog but never purchased due to crazy prices for items and shipping.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I didn't think that prepaid return labels for which you pay a fee are unusual. And in this case, the fee was waived.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45   That is good to hear about exchanges.  Robert does have some beautiful clothes and jewelry but I will not pay $90 for a tee shirt no matter how much I love it.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Most companies deduct a fee if you use their prepaid return label (QVC and HSN among them).  Often thse labels are hyped as free returns, but rarely does using it cost the customer zero.