Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

@songbird , Oakley sells what they call "Asian fit", which is for smaller faces.  I find I can wear many of the styles, including those, but generally I prefer the regular.

@ECBG Oakleys are the best!  No glare, great acuity, best of all, great fit.  You could go for a run, do a day of landscaping, and then still look great going for a bite to eat.  I wear only Polarized, too.

I find well-made shades are well worth the investment (after years of wearing cheapies, I see the difference).  To me, anyway.

I do love my Transitions lenses, as well.  I'd never have a pair made without those (provided I could always afford it!).

@Sweetbay magnolia Very good deal on amazon.  This style is one of the least expensive.  I chose it for the lens shape and the ear piece which won't cause me a problem with my hair.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I don't really look good in sunglasses.  I have a small face.  90% of sunglasses I see are oversized on me.  Huge.  I have to search for a pair that are for small adult faces.

Try Maui Jim Baby Beach style. I also have a small face and these work. They are pricy though. Around $300 but if you like them you can sometimes get them cheaper on EBay. 

Honored Contributor

@Suxela wrote:

Silly me got caught up in buying $300.00 name brand sunglasses for my husband.  It was a birthday present and he wanted them.  We went on vacation and he lost them! 

Now I buy $25 sunglasses that are just as nice! Smiley Very Happy

@Suxela 

same with me......

i have lost sunglasses, both expensive and cheap. i have broken sunglasses both expensive and cheap.

now i try to stay in the $20 - $30 range so if that happens i am not as upset.

i do like the prive revaux line that qvc is carrying.

qvc is now also carrying gucci sunglasses for $260 - $400.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Those Oakley Ballistics remind me of the safety glasses DH was issued back when he worked construction.  I have also seen these on the dental hygienists.  We have dozens of these around the house, mostly scratched up.  The problem with these is they scratch easily because the lenses are so exposed.  So if you don't have a stash of freebies, please put yours into a good case.