Honored Contributor

Re: Summer dress or nightgown?

I see one dress, not two,i think she looks lovely, so tall,and thin.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

She needs a slip.  Slips aren't old fashioned, they keep you looking like you didn't crawl out of a gutter.

A nightgown is never acceptable in public.  It's time "stars" act responsible.

Esteemed Contributor

JLO’s shoes ruin the whole look
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

She needs a slip.  Slips aren't old fashioned, they keep you looking like you didn't crawl out of a gutter.

A nightgown is never acceptable in public.  It's time "stars" act responsible.

@ECBG 

I understand your point, but I don't think wearing a wispy sun dress is "irresponsible".   Of course, it depends on where this photo was taken.  If JLo was in Manhattan, maybe not the best choice.  If she was taking a few days off in Puerto Rico, it's not a bad choice.

The second photo looks more like a sun dress at a posh resort, and is fine.  

Either way, I no longer own a slip, so I would never buy anything that needed one ... it would be much too hot in my neck of the woods.

Regular Contributor

To me JLo's dress looks like a nightgown. I have one very similar. People wear pajamas in public so why not nightgowns.

The white sun dress pictured is lovely. 

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  No, I don't like the nightgown as a dress.  Maybe it would look better with a cute flat sandal but just looks silly with the platforms.  I don't really care for the way JLo dresses.

The BR dress is cute.

Esteemed Contributor

The first one definitely reads a summer dress to me although I'm not particularly fond of it.  I LOVE that dress from Banana Republic.  I couldn't wear it but I do really like it a lot.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

Don't care for the first one as a dress or a nightgown, reminds me of an Eileen West on steroids. 

The Banana Republic dress I like very much.  The fabric looks beautiful.  

@mspatmac I have a lot of Eileen West nightgowns I've had for eons.  Hmmm.  Think I should just trot out to the post office in them?  Woman FrustratedWoman Embarassed

I mostly have Eileen West night gowns.  Shall we meet at the post office???

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

Don't care for the first one as a dress or a nightgown, reminds me of an Eileen West on steroids. 

The Banana Republic dress I like very much.  The fabric looks beautiful.  

@mspatmac I have a lot of Eileen West nightgowns I've had for eons.  Hmmm.  Think I should just trot out to the post office in them?  Woman FrustratedWoman Embarassed

I mostly have Eileen West night gowns.  Shall we meet at the post office???

@ECBG @mspatmac Well we will be quite the talk of the town.  Just got back from the PO!!!!  LOL!!!!  Should have changed into my "summer dress" Woman Wink

We'll meet then go have lunch!  I just ordered a new Eileen West today from their site--on sale!  It is a long lawn one!  

We used to vacation where a shop carried them.  I would take my oldest and rattiest night clothes, toss them and buy a new EW at the shop!  LOL!!!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

Thanks for mentioning the EF web site (duh!).  I went there and found two, one that I wanted but was sold out at our store here.  

I've just had a headache ALL day and wasn't up to par.