Honored Contributor

Re: Summer/Semi Annual Fashion Sales

Nordstrom Rack is having Clear the Rack extra 25% off clearance. Today is the last day.

Skipping it this time but I've gotten some great online deals from that. Pretty good luck with fit too, haven't had to return much.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

Pretty ring @Chi-town girl.  I just read about Victoria leaving HSN today.  

@islandgrrl,  I just got in several tshirts from Slinky as well as a 2 pack of cropped Palazzo pants.  Of course me being so shirt they are full length on me.   Very cool for summer.   

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@islandgrrl,  I just got in several tshirts from Slinky as well as a 2 pack of cropped Palazzo pants.  Of course me being so shirt they are full length on me.   Very cool for summer.   

@Roni18 - yep, something similar that they did with Sharif.  I wonder if the vendors get any advance notice.  Seems to me these 'final' shows are planned without the vendor and that they spring it on them when the vendor arrives, surprised like all of us. I watched a few videos from Victoria's shows yesterdsy, she seemed to be in shock. During one of the calls, she made sure to squash the suggestion that she was retiring. It all seemed very awkward. 

They have earrings to go with the ring, but I will wait to see if I like the ring. I tagged a few other items that are sold out, but maybe with returns I might luck out. Free shipping, so it was an easy decision.  But by the time I looked online, most items with crazy good clearance pricing were sold out.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Roni18 wrote:

@Roni18 - yep, something similar that they did with Sharif.  I wonder if the vendors get any advance notice.  Seems to me these 'final' shows are planned without the vendor and that they spring it on them when the vendor arrives, surprised like all of us. I watched a few videos from Victoria's shows yesterdsy, she seemed to be in shock. During one of the calls, she made sure to squash the suggestion that she was retiring. It all seemed very awkward. 

They have earrings to go with the ring, but I will wait to see if I like the ring. I tagged a few other items that are sold out, but maybe with returns I might luck out. Free shipping, so it was an easy decision.  But by the time I looked online, most items with crazy good clearance pricing were sold out.

Yes, I thought about Sharif too and how they said he had some new venture that we never found out about.   It does make you wonder.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Roni18 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Roni18 wrote:

Yes, I thought about Sharif too and how they said he had some new venture that we never found out about.   It does make you wonder.

@Roni18 -even though Mindy Grossman's position hasn't been filled,  I've noticed some changes. 

1) much more aggressive clearance timeline. Iman's sport wear items from her late Spring collection already on clearance. 

2) Less free shipping attached to individual items, but free if you spend a certain total amount, so they get 2 or 3 orders from a customer instead of just 1

3) Encore TS pricing. Almost every TS H has offered in the past several months has had encores. How special is a today's special if it's offered repeatedly.  How motivated are you to buy a TS if you know you will get repeat opportunities within a few weeks?  

Something seems a bit desperate with that kind of TS strategy and off putting. I'm not as motivated to buy their TS offers right off the bat.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl

I think I had the poster discussed above confused with another much lighter soul on these boards. I was taken aback but the negativity. Now I realize my error. Aw, well. We can still have fun. And celebrate getting a good deal. 

One other reason I didn't shop H sales too hard this week is that I picked up the Halston French a Terry Moto jacket that went on sale for $32 (A285191). Got the blue. Also refreshed some of my skinny tees a $15 a piece: taupe, white and steel gray. Between these and the damage I did with Giuliana's recent collection, I need to slow my roll. Cat Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

I bought my husband some nice Hilfiger dress shirts on sale just before Father's Day at Hudson's Bay in Canada...does that count?

Hudson's Bay has some clothing sales on now, I picked up a pair of faux black suede leggings by H by Halston. They are plain and simple but not a summer item at all. It's hit and miss though as most of that brand's clothing in store is boxy and downright U.G.L.Y.!

I think stores are full of summer clothes that aren't moving off the shelves fast enough. We've had a cold and wet spring with very few periods of warm and dry weather.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@Chi-town girl

I think I had the poster discussed above confused with another much lighter soul on these boards. I was taken aback but the negativity. Now I realize my error. Aw, well. We can still have fun. And celebrate getting a good deal. 

One other reason I didn't shop H sales too hard this week is that I picked up the Halston French a Terry Moto jacket that went on sale for $32 (A285191). Got the blue. Also refreshed some of my skinny tees a $15 a piece: taupe, white and steel gray. Between these and the damage I did with Giuliana's recent collection, I need to slow my roll. Cat Tongue

@islandgrrl - that Halston jacket is cute + great price. I too picked up addtl skinny tees last week at the great price. Got the taupe and red plus I lucked out on a WL order for a twofer that includes a light blue + navy. Love these & I want one in every color.

I needed the light blue to layer under the pretty MW dusty blue flowy top.

WynneLayers Pullover Blouse with Front Pleat

517-681
WynneLayers Pullover Blouse with Front Pleat

Honored Contributor

The Wendy Williams denim dress is on clearamce $40

Wendy Williams Belted Denim Shirt Dress
525-012
Wendy Williams Belted Denim Shirt Dress

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl

I'm crazy for the color of the taupe skinny tee.  Super versatile.  I bet it would look pretty under your MW top.  I have a bunch of Q & H items coming this week and a pair of sandals from Zappos. I am loving what is in my closet right now and how my online purchases play so well with my brick & mortar items.  I have made smart online purchases this year -- only have had to return two items.  Maybe I am finally getting the hang of it!