Respected Contributor

Re: Summer Dresses 👗 Today’s Special Weekend Events!

Speaking of tropical prints, three of my fave dresses are from Denim & Co. Two are the same dress, different colors. Sleeveless v-neck shift style from about two years ago. The other is a sleeveless fit n flare style that I bought recently. They fit great, launder well, can be super casual w flip flops or sneakers. Or dressed up. Just a recommendation if anyone is interested. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

I just got a pretty maxi dress from lands end on sale. Small floral print, tiered. Cotton/tencel/spandex. Don't know when I've been so happy with a dress ☺️

re: the Lori tsv- wondering about the all-cotton ruffle? Will it wrinkle, curl up or shink with laundering??

@fairydogmother - there is just something about summer dresses!

I appreciate your comment about the LOGO cotton ruffle. I think it looks so pretty. But I don't want the fuss of having it wrinkle. Will take a closer look at care instructions. Im going to wait to see it presented and they should discuss the care aspects 

Hi Chicago ☺️ I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for care instructions specifically about that ruffle. I say just order it to get the color you want. If that ruffle is an issue after laundering, send it back. It's a pretty, feminine silhouette. What color appeals to you?

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

Iman's dresses have beautiful prints! My favortie is the black palm. The Navy Tropical is nice, too.  I am tempted. But I just looked in my closet. And I still have two maxi dresses that I hardly wear. So, I am trying to resist.

Same here. I don't wear all the dresses currently in my closet. But am also tempted by the Iman. Black palm is stunning. I like that purple one too. My closet looks like a cruisewear store, so many tropical prints. Yet I just love them. 

@fairydogmother @momoftwo2007 - we as consumers of fashion --- a non essential have to remember the pendulum has shifted!

We are in the driver's seat now.

The retailers' warehouses are bloated and they need to compete for our $$$.

With inflation pushing hard on our wallets -- essentials like groceries, healthcare, housing, energy take precedence. I still like to treat myself and my family/loved ones, but am doing so with more consideration and patience. 

For the rest of this year, I think we will continue to see good deals for non essentials like beauty, fashion, accessories, shoes etc. I'm tracking and waiting and grabbing when they hit the mark with good deals 😉

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

I just got a pretty maxi dress from lands end on sale. Small floral print, tiered. Cotton/tencel/spandex. Don't know when I've been so happy with a dress ☺️

re: the Lori tsv- wondering about the all-cotton ruffle? Will it wrinkle, curl up or shink with laundering??

@fairydogmother - there is just something about summer dresses!

I appreciate your comment about the LOGO cotton ruffle. I think it looks so pretty. But I don't want the fuss of having it wrinkle. Will take a closer look at care instructions. Im going to wait to see it presented and they should discuss the care aspects 

Hi Chicago ☺️ I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for care instructions specifically about that ruffle. I say just order it to get the color you want. If that ruffle is an issue after laundering, send it back. It's a pretty, feminine silhouette. What color appeals to you?

@fairydogmother - good suggestion, TY. like the blue and the yellow (golden apple). And since I'm undecided, I will wait for the presentation. Many times the presentation will push me one way or the other. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Welp. I just ordered the Iman dress in black palm. Couldn't resist. So classy looking. I absolutely love the colors in that particular print. 
A big thank you to my fashion enablers who pushed me over the edge with this thread. 
😄👍🏻

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

Welp. I just ordered the Iman dress in black palm. Couldn't resist. So classy looking. I absolutely love the colors in that particular print. 
A big thank you to my fashion enablers who pushed me over the edge with this thread. 
😄👍🏻

@fairydogmother - I LOVE your choice 🌴this was my initial interest. Such a beautiful print and I love the colors!

I have the Linea breathtaking palm frond jewelry that would look fabulous with this dress - see below. I have most of these pieces in both silver and gold 

If this dress ends up being a keeper based on my purchase of the yellow option, I will be buying the black palm and the purple palm dresses

0C2F5870-FAC6-4655-92A4-664C153234AD.jpeg

797B8D6B-5719-4627-B5D3-6F1A445F7DFD.jpeg

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

😄👍🏻

@fairydogmother Enjoy! I think black palm is beautiful. My favorite out of the collection. It is a print that you can wear for any occasion.

Honored Contributor

Wow, these dresses are quite awful.  All of them seem so old fogey, baggy and very matronly. Something I would never wear. Woman Frustrated

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Roni18 - is this the tshirt set and topper that you ordered? You got the black? Hmmm I don't see a black topper option unless it sold out? Or did you get a different item?

I love the look of the green/navy combo. I added it to my wishlist

IMAN Global Chic 2-pack Short-Sleeve Solid and Print Tees

782-450
IMAN Global Chic 2-pack Short-Sleeve Solid and Print Tees

IMAN Global Chic Long Sleeve Angled Hem Topper

789-237
IMAN Global Chic Long Sleeve Angled Hem Topper

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl That is the right jacket but wrong t-shirt!  I have been considering those t-shirts though.  At one time they had a reversible jacket that matched those t's.   The jacket was in this pattern.  (Yea- I got a photo to work!)

iman-global-chic-2-piece-drapey-knit-top-and-cropped-pa-d-20220401115205593_787670_92Z.jpg