Honored Contributor

Re: Summer 2020: What You Did & Didn’t Wear?

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

Being in retail, I didn't even hardly wear what I had gotten out!Smiley Sad

@ECBG 

All the other factors aside, it is a sad thing, isn’t it? Those simple things like clothes give us a little something to smile and enjoy. 

Even though I go to work every day and am required to dress for it, I keep asking myself why? I go to my office and close the door. With all the social distancing I could easily be wearing just about anything. In years past, it made sense to buy nice work clothes but now I don’t think anyone actually sees them other than myself. One or two people might catch a glimpse as I go down the hall during the day but is that worth new clothes?

We need to find a safe planet where we can go and wear our nice clothes and where others will see us and we can see others! Just to be like a garden in a garden...and to feel safe and happy.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 Honey, we just all need to keep the faith and do our best every day.

Better will come.

Many times we don't find out for a very long time what our efforts meant to someone else.   

That person who is barely able to come in every day may find you inspiring. 

Many times we never know. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I wore two dresses a few times to church.  Otherwise I wore skorts, shorts and a few easy care capris.  T-shirts and athletic tops always in laundry.  

Since I believe if I am out doing errands anything I have on could have germs, I don't wear jewelry, scarves, etc since that's more to wash.  I am getting tired of same stuff.

I didn't wear the maxi dress I bought at the end of last summer, any of my capris that require ironing, or a couple of my favorites.  

As I pull out fall/winter, I am being selective and thinking of how to minimize work but feel good about myself.  Definitely not buying dressy stuff since home most of time.

Honored Contributor

I rarely left the house, as probably was the case with a lot of others.  I wore knit capri pants and casual t-shirts for taking walks and yard work.  I once in awhile went to the drugstore or food store, and then it was knit capri pants and a knit top.  When I was at home inside, I wore my p.j.s!  I don't work any more and didn't go to church or to any functions, so I did not wear any dressier clothes.  I would say I wore maybe 10% of my wardrobe in total.  I sure have missed going out to dinner, taking little trips, meeting friends, etc.  I am hoping this resolves before very many more months!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I wore capris and t-shirts every day -- which is my usual summer attire anyway.  What I didn't wear was summer dresses or suits because we never dressed up to go anywhere.  I didn't buy any new clothes, of course.  No reason to.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I have my favorite pair of long shorts and tank tops I sleep in & wear outside to water and fill the birdbaths. I do wear my camo pants if someone comes over and I have seen more people this summer than ever before but all outside.

Lots of people give away plants and I do the same which is fun to get new stuff.

I also found someone selling tomatoes this summer and when mine came in I gave those away. 

I put in a huge garden, cleaned up my yard and lost 15 pounds this summer just working outside.

Lots of different sized clothes that always fit. I went through my closet and found jeans and other clothes I never wore that fit so that's been fun. Last year was really bad for many reasons, this year has been pretty good and I feel like I got a lot of stuff done. I am a homebody anyway so no difference there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been working from home since March.  During this time, I've worn capris and a tee shirt or Denim & Company's Comfy Knit Jeans and a tee shirt.  There were a few times that I went to the office to pick something up and I had an opportunity to wear my summer work attire.

Although I'm working from home, I've still purchased a few things to wear when things get back to normal.  For now, they're hanging in my closet. 

(I don't wear leggings).

Respected Contributor

I wore all my summer clothes this year.  I went back to work in person part time so I wore my summer work clothes.  The part time I worked from home I wore my shorts and t-shirts.  I work for a school district so I had an extended period of time off and we went to our place at the beach so I wore my bathing suits.