Valued Contributor

Suggestions please for airplane travel outfits

We are traveling to a tropical vacation at the end of February but will need to overnight in Atlanta.  We arrive in Atlanta in the afternoon, so we will have time to head downtown for a fun evening and dinner.  Since it is pretty cool in Atlanta now, would it be ridiculous to wear booties on the plane?  I can't think of appropriate footwear to get through that first day of travel and the night in Atlanta.  I obviously won't wear the booties again during our vacation, but we have to stay in Atlanta again on the way home so I can bring them out again.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Suggestions please for airplane travel outfits

I would just wear some comfortable shoes. Why lug boots around?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

People really don't wear "travel outfits"  anymore.   It's very casual,  dare I say sloppy,  and you see any and everything.   I would just wear something comfortable for lots of walking in the airport and beyond. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I agree with the above answers.  DH and I do a LOT of traveling including 10+ hour flights.  Be comfortable and don't bring anything you will only wear once or twice.

Respected Contributor

Wear warm clothes, a sweater or jacket, and easy on/off comfortable shoes on the plane.

The planes are very cold and February in Atlanta is going to be cold.

You will want shoes you can get on and off easily going thru security.

Wishing you a fun trip.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies.  We do travel quite a bit so I'm familiar with the whole comfort thing.  I was just thinking about the Atlanta part of the trip because we'll just wear whatever we have on for our evening out.  I guess I'm just overthinking it!  I would normally wear my running shoes on the plane.

Respected Contributor

@Coco Butter Bean. I recommend wearing shoes that are easy to slip on and off while going through security.  Booties will work fine as long as you have enough room in your luggage for them when you change into your sandals.  Have fun and enjoy the warm weather.

Honored Contributor

I'd wear the running shoes.  There is lots of walking in the airport.  Last time I was there, the trams were down and we had to walk the entire length of the airport.  Couldn't get on the moving sidewalks.  It was a nightmare.  Make comfort your number one goal.

Valued Contributor

I don't know your situation but for me, comfortable pants are a must on long plane trips and easy on/off for the restroom on the plane. There's no room in there for me to manuever around with buttoning and zipping slacks.

So I always wear pull on pants, like a nice yoga type, "at leisure" style or Denim and Co. twil pull on.  Nice Tshirt, but always a hoodie that I can take off if hot, or keep on & zip up to my neck if it's freezing.  I like a scarf with it, again, extra covering in case the plane is an ice box!

I always bring a pair of socks in my purse to put on. I like to take slip on shoes off during flights & get cozy in warm socks.

Have fun!

Respected Contributor

wear your booties!  i have a few pair and they have zippers - so - and easy on/off.

plus you will wear them on your return flight. i hate having to tie shoes in the TSA area