Super Contributor

Re: Suggestions on how to remove pen marks

QVC used to sell cleaning wipes that removed ink and nail polish, things that you aren't normally able to remove with cleaning wipes. I can't remember the name of them, maybe someone else can remember.

I just remember Pat James Dementri selling them on air one day with a vendor and it removed her nail polish while she was presenting them and showing how they work! I don't think she knew they would remove her nail polish!

It was a large plastic container of wipes, similar to the Clorox wipes you can buy at Target, Walmart etc. only these had a specially formulated chemical in them.

Respected Contributor

Inexpensive product you can find at Walmart and probably your local supermarket -- it's called De-Solv-It. Works great. Spot test first, though, just in case. It even cleans grease and fingerprints off stainless steel.

Super Contributor

I have never had any luck at all getting ink stains out. I've tried them all.

Honored Contributor

I forgot to say my middle daughter has young children. She swears by something you get at Hancock Fabrics (I've never seen it at grocery stores) called Grandma's stain remover (something like that).

I buy it for her and send it to her. I just know what it looks like, I don't remember the name, just mail it out.

Look it up. She says it takes away all stains.

Honored Contributor

As a retired teacher, I've dealt with many ink marks. Hairspray almost always removed them. I had little success removing ink completely off plastic.

Honored Contributor

Is it ballpoint pen ink? Give us teachers more information about the ink, even the brand, and the plastic. Usually hairspray will work for ballpoint ink on plastic. Some inks are water soluble, such as Flairs.

Honored Contributor

Additionally, please update and let us know which things you have tried in addition to your original post. Have you tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser suggested? Update, please.

Honored Contributor

another retired teacher here and I have good luck with hairspray with ballpoint ink but make sure you use non-aerosol hairspray

Super Contributor

Girls, so far nothing is working with hairspray ( spray pump), magic eraser, nail polish, kitchen cleanser, milk------nada. I guess, I'll have to lump it! Anything at the hardware store will cost more than the little cosmetic case. The ink pen was just a old fashioned ball point BIC with a cap. Thank you again for taking your time to respond to me. QVC posters are the best.
Honored Contributor

Hair spray has to be the old fashioned kind in the can like aqua net, there is something it it that works, I have used it before

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.