Valued Contributor

Re: Suggestions needed to organize tons of clothes

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Making a bedroom a closet isn't the answer IMO....My Mother was a hoarder and she soon filled up that bedroom with MORE clothes.

Oh no, not what I wanted to hear but as long as she is happy that will be ok.  I can live with anything she is happy with because we can shut the door.  

Valued Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
Has she asked for your help, OP?

Yes snicks.  She spends most of her time at home scratching her head over where to start on the mess she has created.   She has asked me how I though the best way to start the project.  One day at a time.  

Valued Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@INDIANA BONES

You could be entering a sensitive territory here.  Proceed with caution, lol.  If she is inclined to being more organized and wonders what she may have hidden under the piles, then I suggest a room dedicated to her fashion and shoes.  Sure, we would all like a room sized walk in closet however those can be expensive.  If there is a spare room, I suggest ready to assemble garment racks lined up to hold clothing on hangars and ready to assemble utility racks (on wheels) to stack the shoe boxes.

Mission has been started.  Alhtough we had not decided how to do the shoes.  Thanks for the great suggestion. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MomCat wrote:

I assure you the amount of clothing this woman owns is not the problem.  LOL  Move along now.  Nothing to see here. 

I have no idea what your issue is with me but I have no reason for anyone to insult me for anything I state.  If I have ever been rude to you in the past, it was not intentional.  

Valued Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

What I've decided to do is to buy many clear storage containers (on sale at Target), and neatly fold all of the blouses and tops (that I haven't often worn)  hanging in my modest, but filled, closet.  Then, I'm going to cover each container with contact paper, leaving most of the front section clear.  That way, I can see exactly what's in the container without having to open the lid.  The contact paper will keep the daylight away from the items, with the exception of a portion of the front, which I will face away from the windows/sunshine/light.  I'll probably store them on shelving that I already have in the garage.  Same with sweaters and other things that I have folded on the top shelf of my closet.  I just want a practically empty closet for a change.  A new beginning, viewing the newer items that I should be wearing, rather than looking at the older ones.  If and when I have the desire to wear those items, then it will be easy to view them and retrieve them from the bins.  Just a thought, more for myself rather than for O/P.  Everybody, have a beautiful and safe New Year!

Brilliant idea.   Good Luck on your remodeling.  I am certain you will be happy when your mission is complete.  HAPPY 2016 to you also.  

Valued Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

Interested in hearing what @INDIANA BONES thinks about the responses to his thread . . .

Sorry, I have been sick and in the hospital.  I could have the Internet in the hospital but did not feel like getting on it.   I want to apologize for asking for assistance than appearing to ignore the KIND people that have offered support.   HAPPY NEW YEAR

Valued Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@INDIANA BONES

Congratulations on your engagement, BTW.  I wish you the best.

Thank you very much.   I am one very fortunate man to be getting a lovely girl that loves my children as if they were her own and me also.  How lucky can a guy get?  

Respected Contributor

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Valued Contributor

What a wonderful way to share your New Year wishes.   Wishes for everyone to have a wonderful 2016.  May this be the year we see PEACE at last.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

What a wonderful way to share your New Year wishes.   Wishes for everyone to have a wonderful 2016.  May this be the year we see PEACE at last.  

@INDIANA BONES,   I enjoyed reading this topic.  

I think all homes should a room that is a closet and not another bedroom.   Girls need lots of stuff and things.  It is in our DNA...

....I am sure.  (smile)

Hope you are feeling better now.   Get well and stay healthy.  

Have a wonderful 2016.    Yes, Peace!