Trusted Contributor

Suggestions for spring/Easter outfit

Started thinking about getting a new Easter outfit, as I haven't bought anything new just for Easter in at least 10 years. Am also on a budget, so I began thinking about what would give me the most bang for my limited bucks. New dress, jacket only (to wear w/pants I already own), or skirt only to wear w/top or jacket I already own??? Since anything can happen (weather-wise) in Michigan in April, I'm thinking that the safest bet would be a new jacket to wear w/either a skirt or pants that I already own (black or navy). Found A-215749 Joan Rivers spring jacket that sounds like it would fill the bill. Any other suggestions? I know you ladies are just filled with great ideas. Thanks in advance for all responses & have a wonderful rest-of-your day.

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for spring/Easter outfit

Are you thinking of this color combination from JR?

Joan Rivers Spring Floral Jacket

What about something like this dress from Land's End? It's $19.99 now. You could wear it alone, with a cardigan or jacket, flats, pumps, sandals or even tall boots, depending on your weather.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, that's the jacket. I was just on the LE web site to look, but missed that dress. Will go back for a look as they have 25% off right now. Thanks very much.

Honored Contributor

Macy's- $31.99

$39.99

$44.99

Valued Contributor

I am wearing for Easter a seafoam green dress that has shorter sleeves and I bought it last year and no chance to wear it yet. I purchased 4 dresses and three skirts last year and just didn't get a chance to wear this one and a little dressier and so for Easter this will be the one. I have a nice white 3/4 sleeve jacket that will go good with and will need it if it is still chilly.

Honored Contributor

It depends on your shape.
Super Contributor

On 2/22/2014 lolakimono said:

Are you thinking of this color combination from JR?

Joan Rivers Spring Floral Jacket

What about something like this dress from Land's End? It's $19.99 now. You could wear it alone, with a cardigan or jacket, flats, pumps, sandals or even tall boots, depending on your weather.

I bought this dress last year and returned it. It didn't do anything for my short, curvy figure. I think it also was very low-cut. If I recall the reviews were mixed. Not sure if the reviews are still up.

Honored Contributor

The cute and affordable dresses from Macy's, above will seem more like you got something totally new--and after ten years, you deserve it. If you can wear a dress like the ones, above, I vote for the coral dress. You'll feel pretty in this color.
Valued Contributor

On 2/25/2014 Mindy D said: It depends on your shape.

I have to try on a dress before I can buy. Sometimes it surprises me which one ends up working.

Super Contributor

I haven't bought an easter outfit for myself or my kids since we/they were about 10.