Honored Contributor

Suggestions for fashion gifts...

[ Edited ]

I thought it would be fun to start a thread and have everyone offer what they suggest for fashion gifts for friends/family...

I'll start with mine...

A311254 - Carole Hochman 3-pc set *black sale price* -  $39.98!!!

A345199 - Issac Mizrahi SOHO hoodie *on clearance*

A345025 - Dennis Basso reversable faux fur coat

Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions for fashion gifts...

Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

For those I have a very close relationship with and usually spend $100+ on the gift a coat/jacket is something I would buy.  Handbags are another item I like to give. I've even bought footwear for my sister and bff.

In general though my first thought for fashion gifts are: robes; pjs; loungewear; cozy sweaters; anything cashmere; something a bit dressier than the recipient might ordinarily buy (such as a dressy blouse); gloves and scarves. I might go with exercise wear if I now the recipient exercises regularly.  

Esteemed Contributor

I would keep it simple like nice warm socks or a hat and gloves.  I wouldn't want people picking out clothing fashions for me as I have my own style.  Just sayin.

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I would keep it simple like nice warm socks or a hat and gloves.  I wouldn't want people picking out clothing fashions for me as I have my own style.  Just sayin.

I agree! I want to pick out my clothing myself. And unless someone specifically showed me an item that they’d like to have, I would never give clothing as a gift. Particularly loungewear, pajamas, robes or other somewhat intimate items. That’s just icky. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Just an update/heads up...

I edited my OP because the Carole Hochman set dropped again in price from $43.98 *clearance* to $39.98 *black sale price*.

For anyone who may have ordered this set recently, call CS and get the price adjustment  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

I agree! I want to pick out my clothing myself. And unless someone specifically showed me an item that they’d like to have, I would never give clothing as a gift. Particularly loungewear, pajamas, robes or other somewhat intimate items. That’s just icky. 

I would put loungewear (AnyBody or Cuddl Duds type pieces) and regular old pajamas or robes in a different category than "intimate" items. It wouldn't be "icky" at all to me to give flannel pjs or a fleece robe or something like that -- in fact, I have on several occasions.

Respected Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

I would put loungewear (AnyBody or Cuddl Duds type pieces) and regular old pajamas or robes in a different category than "intimate" items. It wouldn't be "icky" at all to me to give flannel pjs or a fleece robe or something like that -- in fact, I have on several occasions.

You may certainly put them in any catergory you wish, as you are entitled to your own opinion. My opinion remains the same. Those are items that one purchases for themselves. I would never give them as gifts, nor would I be happy to receive them. In my world, it’s just not done. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I would only give fashion gifts, of any type, to my 2 grown daughters, whom of course, I know very well, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".