Honored Contributor

Suggestions for a high cut brief with slimming tummy panel

Once again I am turning to you all for some help!

I do not like support garments --- uggh --- they all seem hot, heavy, uncomfortable!

I wonder --- is there a light, panty, high cut, which has a moderate slimming panel in the tummy area?  

I do not want a full support garment. But lately, my stomach seems to have this, which I call a"pooch", which I can no longer hold in!  I am not really a heavy person but this seems to be my trouble area all of a sudden.  

Any suggestions for this particular garment?  Lightweight, high cut, with a moderate slimming panel in tummy area?

Thanks so much! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Suggestions for a high cut brief with slimming tummy panel

I have seen items like this for sale, but they seem very pricey for little benefit.  Could it be the problem is core strength and/or weight?  A trainer could have some suggestions.

Respected Contributor

Soma's Vanishing Tummy panties. Very lightweight.  Subtle hold that is very comfortable all day. I wear the high cut brief.   Highly recommend.

Respected Contributor

Try Bali.  choose between light and firm control.  Firm has a front panel which I like.  Choose from colors. 

https://www.amazon.com/Bali-Shapewear-Support-Coordinate-Control/dp/B00CI5B2UW?SubscriptionId=AKIAIL...

Honored Contributor

I think you haven't had ever had any modern shapewear because none of them are ever heavy and they are not constricting if you go up a size.  I know that most women are very hesitant to ever go up a size in anything, bad for the ego, but you have to with shapewear.  Since you are looking for a panti that will give you some tummy control and you want choices, I suggest that you check out Macy's website.  Put shapewear in the search bar and then click on tummy control panties and you'll get a number of choices.  Also there's the Herroom online store, which has anything and everything you can ever want when it comes to shapewear, bras and panties. 

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Soma's Vanishing Tummy panties. Very lightweight.  Subtle hold that is very comfortable all day. I wear the high cut brief.   Highly recommend.

@Ms tyrion2   I just ordered these from your review.  I like the idea that they are light weight for summer. Thanks so much.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

I have seen items like this for sale, but they seem very pricey for little benefit.  Could it be the problem is core strength and/or weight?  A trainer could have some suggestions.

@Still Raining 

It probably is a "core strength" problem.  I have some back issues and other problems so I have not been able to do much to help this.  So, I am looking for something to help kind of camouflage this area.  Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think you haven't had ever had any modern shapewear because none of them are ever heavy and they are not constricting if you go up a size.  I know that most women are very hesitant to ever go up a size in anything, bad for the ego, but you have to with shapewear.  Since you are looking for a panti that will give you some tummy control and you want choices, I suggest that you check out Macy's website.  Put shapewear in the search bar and then click on tummy control panties and you'll get a number of choices.  Also there's the Herroom online store, which has anything and everything you can ever want when it comes to shapewear, bras and panties. 

@chrystaltree 

I have not used shapewear for a long time because I have not had to.  I am not averse to going up a size if that is what is needed.  I appreciate your suggestions.  Thank you.  

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 

Thank you for this suggestion!  I appreciate it very much.  

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

Try Bali.  choose between light and firm control.  Firm has a front panel which I like.  Choose from colors. 

https://www.amazon.com/Bali-Shapewear-Support-Coordinate-Control/dp/B00CI5B2UW?SubscriptionId=AKIAIL...

@tobes 

Thank you a lot for this suggestion.  It is much appreciated!!!