Super Contributor

Re: Suggest you purchase Joan Rivers items now!

If people are familiar with Joan's line they would know to check QVC to see what bees are available. I think people are selling older Bee pins that you can't buy
Honored Contributor

I think this flurry of sell-outs (and the price-jumps on sites like eBay) foretells the fact that QVC will continue to sell her line of merchandise.

Personally, I always purchased her jewelry, accessories, clothing, because I liked certain designs and the quality was top notch. I'm not rushing to buy anything right now, though.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

On 9/13/2014 dooBdoo said:

I think this flurry of sell-outs (and the price-jumps on sites like eBay) foretells the fact that QVC will continue to sell her line of merchandise.

Personally, I always purchased her jewelry, accessories, clothing, because I liked certain designs and the quality was top notch. I'm not rushing to buy anything right now, though.

The only things selling on Ebay are signed photos,books and vintage bee pins, most everything else is twenty bucks and under.
Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 blossompie said:
On 9/13/2014 dooBdoo said:

The only things selling on Ebay are signed photos,books and vintage bee pins, most everything else is twenty bucks and under.

Hi, blossompie! Actually, I've been watching and a wide variety of her jewelry is selling, quickly, some at extremely high prices, often with multiple bidders.

(eta: When I looked a couple of days ago, Ruby Lane had sold every piece of JR jewelry, so the other secondary-market sites are experiencing the same thing.)

Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

I just checked her Bee pins here on QVC and yep they have been bought out that were available. That's very shady for people to do that and then price gouge
Valued Contributor

Since I believe the line will continue at QVC guess they want to make their money before it's announced. No way will QVC or Joan's company want to discontinue this money maker.

Super Contributor

Here's a bee pin with only a few minutes left, so far it's over $80.00.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joan-Rivers-Green-Snake-Skin-Bee-Pin-Brooch-Gold-Tone-with-Green-Eyes-/3013...

Super Contributor

Now $142.00! 31 bids so far!

Edited for final price for which it sold: $173.05!!! 35 bids!!! WOW!

Super Contributor

I just purchased one of Joan's flower fabric pins on last clicks. I always loved her big flowers on jackets
Honored Contributor

edited: My huge post is now gone.{#emotions_dlg.blushing} Thanks, Webbie!