Super Contributor

Are they still in style & do you see women wearing them? I have some Linea by Louis Dell Olio & Dennis Basso. They look like new but are several years old. Should I wear them or donate them?  TIA.

Honored Contributor

I think they look so nice but the cost of having suede and leather cleaned is not for me.

Honored Contributor
I have one Linea suede jacket I am still hanging onto. It's beautiful and looks new still, but honestly, I should donate it as it feels heavy when I wear it.
Sorry, I'm no help.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

My own opinion is yes, they're still in style. The reason you probably don't see many on the shopping sites is that it cost too much to manufacture a very nice well-made, suede and/or leather coat. They're using faux materials now, for the same price that the suede coat used to be years ago. I know, because I still have some from years ago and they're gorgeous. I would not donate them. I would absolutely keep them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Suede Jackets & Coats

[ Edited ]

@Diamonds22 

I have the fur-lined suede that DB did years ago - I'm still wearing it.

Whether or not something is "in style" makes no difference to me.  

I've mentioned this often ... but after 12 years of school uniforms, I swore I'd never again dress like other people.

----------------

ETA:  I also have the black embroidered suede with knit sleeves that Bob Mackie did years ago ... I wear that often in Fall before it get's too cold for it.  I can't tell you the number of times I've been stopped by strangers on the street commenting on the jacket.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Diamonds22 

I have the fur-lined suede that DB did years ago - I'm still wearing it.

Whether or not something is "in style" makes no difference to me.  

I've mentioned this often ... but after 12 years of school uniforms, I swore I'd never again dress like other people.

----------------

ETA:  I also have the black embroidered suede with knit sleeves that Bob Mackie did years ago ... I wear that often in Fall before it get's too cold for it.  I can't tell you the number of times I've been stopped by strangers on the street commenting on the jacket.

Both of those pieces sound so nice! I miss Bob Mackie. His work was amazing. Wear them well! 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I wear mine , although I do have to check the  weather report

Honored Contributor

I have a suede jacket that I got for a steal price from Nordstrom Rack, 30 something dollars. It's a beautiful color, like a teal but with more green than blue in it. Can't wait for the first cooler Spring day to wear it.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Frequent Contributor

Re: Suede Jackets & Coats

[ Edited ]

I consider them a classic; especially from those Designers (sure miss Louis). I have several and will keep them forever.

Honored Contributor

I have a genuine suede coat from Lord and Taylor...Circa 2004. It was $99 and it looks brand new. I bring it out Spring and Fall.🌺