Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,075
Registered: ‎09-27-2010

I LOVE


@lolakimono wrote:


I LOVE this outfit, but I couldn't wear it in this color. It looks chic and so comfy. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,193
Registered: ‎03-18-2015

@K9buddy wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

The Halston clothing I've seen on QVC leaves me cold.   I  have bothered to wear that kind of clothing and doubt most people do. 


I don't know how you figure you can speak for most people. 


She's not speaking for most people ... she said she doubts most people do.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,647
Registered: ‎03-21-2010

I love the Halston pieces I did buy.  There were some I didn't care for and just skipped them.  Today I wore one of his tops out  today.  I got 3 compliments from 3 people.  I didn't realize it was one of his tops that I wore till I got home.  First time & I had the top for couple of months! 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,000
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

@Texasmouse wrote:

I LOVE


@lolakimono wrote:


I LOVE this outfit, but I couldn't wear it in this color. It looks chic and so comfy. Smiley Happy


 I absolutely love this sweater and own it in 3 colors, it is so soft and flattering.

Deb

Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,391
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

Re: Styling Halston pieces

[ Edited ]

@islandgrrl wrote:

@Texasmouse

 

Yes, I definitely see what you mean.  While I am having a huge love affair with vests this fall/winter they have been pretty form fitting or a thin puffer style.  Long, flowing vests are not for me.  Not that I see anything wrong with them -- but they're not how I want to wear a vest.  

 

For those who do decide to take the plunge on A272363, I bet you'll find the material soft and appealing. 

 


*****************************Thanks for the item number.  That video is horrible!  The boots also cut Shawn off which adds pounds to what is created with the vest!  When the rules of proportion aren't followed the look isn't good.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,558
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

I haven't really seen anything I would wear.  Most of the pieces seem long and flowy or drapey which is not my style.  I prefer tailored fitted garments.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,353
Registered: ‎01-22-2012

I always liked the slouchy pants and loose sweaters by Halston. I've not gotten anything yet. I'm a little disappointed in his collection.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,931
Registered: ‎05-18-2013

I could really use some suggestions on how to wear the TSV long duster.  I got it in the pink, and while I love the color and softness of the fabric, I have yet to wear it.  With jeans or dress pants, the light color shows every lump and bump in the rear area (not back fat, but the pockets, etc., on the back of pants).

 

I guess the only way to wear it is with leggings or a pencil skirt.  I wish I had returned it.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,616
Registered: ‎10-01-2014

@vac wrote:

I could really use some suggestions on how to wear the TSV long duster.  I got it in the pink, and while I love the color and softness of the fabric, I have yet to wear it.  With jeans or dress pants, the light color shows every lump and bump in the rear area (not back fat, but the pockets, etc., on the back of pants).

 

I guess the only way to wear it is with leggings or a pencil skirt.  I wish I had returned it.


I have worn my dusters over sleeveless dresses, really like that look. I haven't noticed the bumps happening. Are they really that bad? If the duster is left open, I would think it would flutter/flow away from the bumps and not be a problem. I've worn with jeans, too. Maybe I look terrible from behind and just haven't noticed! Woman LOL

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,931
Registered: ‎05-18-2013

@MaggieMack wrote:

@vac wrote:

I could really use some suggestions on how to wear the TSV long duster.  I got it in the pink, and while I love the color and softness of the fabric, I have yet to wear it.  With jeans or dress pants, the light color shows every lump and bump in the rear area (not back fat, but the pockets, etc., on the back of pants).

 

I guess the only way to wear it is with leggings or a pencil skirt.  I wish I had returned it.


I have worn my dusters over sleeveless dresses, really like that look. I haven't noticed the bumps happening. Are they really that bad? If the duster is left open, I would think it would flutter/flow away from the bumps and not be a problem. I've worn with jeans, too. Maybe I look terrible from behind and just haven't noticed! Woman LOL


Thanks for the suggestion.  I don't own any sleeveless dresses at the moment, but I'll look around.  I've tried leaving it open, but still have the same problem with any kind of jeans or dress pants.  I wish I'd gotten the black, but then I'd be dealing with a cat hair problem!