Respected Contributor

Am I the only one who is not liking the way they're styling the pieces on the Halston show with Shawn tonight? The pieces might be ok styled differently but I'm not liking the combinations they're putting together. I was especially unimpressed when I saw the cascade sweater vest worn with the cropped leather jacket over it. Then, when they added the skinny cord belt, it looked like the model put on an extra 30 pounds!

Honored Contributor

@TexasmouseI don't like the pieces themselves and no amount of styling would put them on my body.  I'm already fluffy - fluff I have to pay for?   Not happening.  I need structure and clean lines and really don't care about what's trendy.

Esteemed Contributor

Millieshops - I completely agree with you. I just don't care for the Halston style. I like more classic-looking clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched the show, but tuned in when I read this thread to see the last gray dress. I think it would look better on everyone with NO belt. I purchased something like six different Halston pieces this year, classic, flattering, yummy. I liked his earlier things much more than the later items. Plus, prices have definitely escalated since the opening salvo.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

I did purchase a couple of the H pieces which were more classic early on when introduced but am not a fan of all the cascading fluff...I am short and don't need extra fabric.  I thought tonight's styling was terrible...even Shawn looked heavy.  It just did not look good on anyone....I mean, who would wear that long vest with a short leather jacket??? No one I know nor have I seen it on anyone else. 

Respected Contributor

I had seen some earlier pieces that were appealing and tuned in tonight, anticipating some nice, classic items but the only thing that had any appeal to me was the cropped leather jacket.

Respected Contributor

@Stray wrote:

I did purchase a couple of the H pieces which were more classic early on when introduced but am not a fan of all the cascading fluff...I am short and don't need extra fabric.  I thought tonight's styling was terrible...even Shawn looked heavy.  It just did not look good on anyone....I mean, who would wear that long vest with a short leather jacket??? No one I know nor have I seen it on anyone else. 

@Stray

My sentiments, exactly. And then, to add a skinny belt? Yikes! Instant frump.

Respected Contributor

I tuned in to see the cocoon sweater offered at a crazy low price.  Tried for shiraz -- no go, sold out -- got black instead.  Went to make dinner and missed the rest of the show.  I really love the pieces I bought from the beginning of the line. Yummy, soft, cozy.  I haven't seen any of the recent shows so I don't know if I am missing out or not.  

Respected Contributor

@islandgrrl

If you get a chance, watch the video and you'll see what we're talking about.

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@islandgrrl

If you get a chance, watch the video and you'll see what we're talking about.

@Texasmouse Definitely!  Which item number?