Honored Contributor

Re: Style Inspiration- What do you think?

nope--shoes are ridiculous!!!

Honored Contributor

Probably much cuter in person!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Ladylaughsalot wrote:

I really like it, but as a 65 y/o would never wear it.

@Ladylaughsalot  I’m 5 yrs. older, but I’d definitely wear this. It depends on your shape, style and young attitude to pull it off.

Honored Contributor

@MsChiff wrote:

Not a fan of the jacket or the shoes.  

If one is going to do plaid, spring for a well-made plaid where the plaid matches.  To me, unmatched plaid screams cheap.

The shoes would be too difficult to walk any distance and when you live in a large city like I do, walking is your life.

@MsChiff  I’m thinking we’re supposed to just be “inspired” by the outfit...not copy it exactly. I’d seek out a plaid jacket that matched up at the seams, as well. 

Respected Contributor

In general, I like the idea of a mix of pieces (that is, distressed denim with pumps or a more structured blazer or whatever), but for some reason her whole look just seems a little sloppy and messy to me.

Honored Contributor

@Ladylaughsalot wrote:

I really like it, but as a 65 y/o would never wear it.

Why not??? I'm turning 65 in February and this is the exact style I wear all the time! Its pretty much ageless!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t wear any of those pieces, together or separately. Not a fan of the look.

Honored Contributor

I don’t like any of the pieces in this look. I can’t wear mules - my heels would be forever slipping off the end of those shoes. The tee, jeans, and blazer look sloppy to me. 

I am not a fan of distressed jeans, and the sleeves on the jacket are too long. 

My version of that look would be dark wash full length straight leg or trouser jeans with either ankle boots or flats. I would add a structured blazer (with sleeves the correct length) with a knit top underneath. 

Honored Contributor

It's ok, but I'm not in love.

Respected Contributor

Except for the shoes, I dress like this to head for the supermarket.  Not particularly inspiring to me.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~