Contributor

Re: Studded footwear- love or duds?

Lola- yes, that is the Showgirl. Anyone have them, or like them? Thanks!
Honored Contributor

On 10/3/2014 peachesncream said:

I never go looking for studs.

If I found shoes or boots that I loved - style, fit, color - I wouldn't pass them up because of a few studs...

That is how I feel. I won't go looking for studs on anything but I also won't let them prevent me from buying something I like.

Valued Contributor

Love the Calvin Klein's and the Ralph Lauren.

Trusted Contributor

In general I'm a fan, but I don't like everything that's studded. It all depends on the individual item and how it's done.

Trusted Contributor

A lot of them I like but I do not like them overdone. I think the boots look really cute with them and I would buy them definitely. I have been keeping an eye at Marshall's to see if anything catches my eye yet but I have not been successful yet but I know that I will. I bought beautiful suede light tan boots last year and I just love them but they do not have any bling, but they do have the buckles and zippers.

Miata 1

Esteemed Contributor

I have a pair of biker boots by a designer whose name escapes me right now. They are black ankle style ... really heavy. Don't know what possessed me at the time.

Also have some ankle suede cowboy boots (brown) with some bling ... cute. Wear on special, fun occasions only, though

Honored Contributor

The Sofft Boots - brown, ankle, western looking with studs on the harness accent aren't bad. I bought 2 pair of bare traps (faux leather) black and grey ankle boots last year that have studs at the ankle. I haven't lost a stud yet, then again, I think I'd have to fall down a hill rolling to lose them at the ankle.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

I do not like the looks of it!.......I will not be buying!
Esteemed Contributor

I love any kind of stud !!!..........lol

(just joking,couldn't resist, as I love studs on things)

Esteemed Contributor

My opinion is that too much studding can muck up an otherwise decent piece of footwear (see the Jessica Simpson above for an example). A little can make a nice touch (see the Ivanka Trump black sandal and the Sofft boots above).