Honored Contributor

Anybody else think jeans are getting too stretchy?  I just started wearing a new pair of Lee's and they're so stretchy I keep having to pull them up.  They tend to want to scooch down so that I feel like my crotch is hanging low.  I prefer old style where I could barely get them on (but not having to lay down to zip/button) and then squat a couple of times and then they were perfect.

Honored Contributor

The extremely stretchy Virtual Stretch jeans by Diane Gilman are so stretchy they should be sold with free suspenders.  I kept going down in size and never got a pair I could keep in my hips.  Woe be to she who wears slippery nylon panties.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 Now see, I love DG2 Virtual Stretch jeans. They have never slipped down on me I think because they have a higher waist band. They are the most comfortable jeans I own. I have 2 pair of the jeans and 2 pair of the crops. You do have to order down one size though. I guess it depends on the shape of your body. 

Honored Contributor

I actually like more stretch as long as it is good quality and does not stretch out from wearing.  I don't wear anything at or above my waist and have never experienced any scooching down of them when I wear them.  I put them on and they stay a perfect fit.  

Honored Contributor

I have only had 1 pr of DG that gapped at the waist. A trip to the wsher and the dryer ,set on high took care of that

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess

I just got this in my email from LLB-

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't like stretchy jeans when they were first introduced.  I wanted my 'hard' stovepipe, button-up Levi's back.  But over the years, I've grown to love the stretchies.  The softer and more stretchy, the better they fit for me.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I just don't like jeans anymore.  Not a pair in my wardrobe.  I've tried and worn many.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

I love some of the stretchy jeans but I like the ones that spring back to original shape. Some stay stretched out. I like Laurie Felt jeans if you can get the correct size. I sent back a pair thinking there was no way I could get into those and in fact I could and they were amazing. I had to return twice before I got the fit.   

Respected Contributor
Jeans have to have stretch for me, I'm a large plus size with large thighs, or I could never get them to fit. I need them to be able to move with me. I think with mainstream fashion becoming more about comfort and the casual lifestyle, retailers are making jeans to be as comfortable as leggings and yoga pants because a lot of women can't or don't wear them.