Occasional Contributor

Stretch bootcut jeans: Isaac vs DG2 vs. Chico's

Want to try a pair of the new bootcut jeans.  What is your experience with any of these brands.  I have 24/7 in Isaac (size 18W).  I could order a pair from each brand but hate to spend $$ on postage!  Any advice?

Regular Contributor

Re: Stretch bootcut jeans: Isaac vs DG2 vs. Chico's

I'd also like to know about the DG2 jeans.  Was tempted to buy a pair last night, but hesitated due to sizing - Diane and one of the models both sized down.  When reading some of the reviews, it was mentioned to size up...

Also, not sure how they would look on someone my size: 18W in jeans.

Anyone out there own DG2 jeans?  How do you like them?  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I know Diane's jeans sell by the boat load but I think the sizing is just to inconsistent.  Some say size down, some say size up, some say stick true to size.  Some go down 2 sizes. 

I have had zero luck with her regular jeans fitting me.  I am a pear shape and Diane admittedly designs jeans for what she calls the baby boomer body which is larger in the mid-section and slimmer in the hips and thighs.  That is the complete opposite to how I am built.  I think if you are a straighter build or apple shape or even slim, you might be able to do her jeans.  But if you are a pear shape with extra in the lower half, you are going to have a problem.  By the time I get her jeans to fit my hips, butt and thighs, they are ginormous in the waist.  

I had good luck with her superstretch skinny jeggings.  I stuck with my normal size and the fit is perfect.  They have washed well, worn well and don't bag out.

However, I bought the super stretch bootcut jegging with the comfort waistband, went down a size as suggested in presentations and these I rarely wear.  I should have stuck with my normal size and these slip down all day long.  I am constantly pulling them up. They didn't stretch out so they are all baggy, they just slide like hosiery. 

Her black jeans, despite what she says, aren't a true black. You can see white threads all over in them.  That's another reason I hate the bootcut jeggings I bought.             

Respected Contributor

I wear an 18W in jeans.  I have tried Isacc's jeans but they didn't work for me.  I have generous thighs and his fabric did not accommodate my thighs.  If I really, really wanted them; I would have gone up a size but then I would have had to have the waist altered.  Same thing with Chico's jeans; I tried a pair on about a year ago and I was not thrilled with the fit.  However, the stretch fabric in both brands was not the problem.  The fit was the problem.  DG2 super stretch (I think that's the name)  jeans gave me the fit I was looking for.  They fit all well, they are comfortable.  I bought them on clearance for about $25 which I really liked.  But my "go to" jeans are still QF Dreamjeannes and when NYDJ.  Maybe because I wear a 16W in both those brands....lol   Just kidding.  Actually, those brands have the look, feel and fit that works best for me.    

Respected Contributor

I can only review the DG2 Super Stretch, haven't tried Isaac.

The Super Stretch I had to drop from my normal size 16 to a 12. 14 was too lose, I have slender legs though. They are very comfortable, I love the boot cut.

Esteemed Contributor

I think most product reviews and conversation posters have sized down in DG2.  That isn't shocking because Diane and the HSN hosts are very open about stating that they and the models are being sized down in their DG2 bottoms.  Other than sizing down thing, the reviews for DG2 jeans are generally excellent.  I personally do not care for jeans which stretch so much that a size 8 can wear a 2.  For those of us who are normally in the smaller sizes the only way we can wear DG2 is with alterations.

I honestly have not worn Chico's jeans in a couple of years, but my previous experience and what I see in their stores is that they are nice jeans. Their fit and fabric is quite similar to Not Your Daughter's Jeans (known now in our acroynm world as NYDJ).  I have no experience with Isaac's jeans, but if you're happy with the fit of his 24/7 pants I would definitely try his jeans.  

Occasional Contributor

never  tried NYDJ. . .thanks for all the feedback!  much appreciated

Esteemed Contributor

We are the same size and I like the boot cut Riders by Lee jeans. They have a little bit of stretch and fit nice. You can find them at J C penney (sold out most of the time) Walmart and Kmart. I think they are 24.99. I just got a pair of black boot cuts for fall....

Honored Contributor

My favorite brand of jeans right now are Denizen by Levi sold only at Target.  They come in various fit styles and they come in short, average and long lengths.  I believe they are $24.99 regular price but if you watch the ads or us Cartwheel, you can often get them for $19.99.    

Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone, for taking the time to answer my questions.  You've given me lots of good information and suggestions about finding jeans that fit!

Sue