Trusted Contributor

Straight leg jeans are really in right now anyone notice?

[ Edited ]

For a few years it seemed to me that traditional straight leg jeans were not in fashion and not even available except in traditional clothing stores such as LL Bean and Lands End. Now it seems that every vendor on the Q has a straight leg jean that is "new." 

Edited to add: I am adding this statement because I meant "new"  tongue and cheek because I have been wearing straight leg jeans since childhood. I laugh because the Q's vendors say "the new straightleg" look like it is new and never been a staple. Just a ploy to sell us something new.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Straight leg jeans are really in right now anyone notice?

[ Edited ]

They wern't popular, boot cut were, now they are popular and I guess that makes them "new". LOL

Valued Contributor

My favorite.  I never like "flared, or "bell-bottoms' Of ant kind and I am child of yhe "60's"!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

For a few years it seemed to me that traditional straight leg jeans were not in fashion and not even available except in traditional clothing stores such as LL Bean and Lands End. Now it seems that every vendor on the Q has a straight leg jean that is "new." 

I like them the best...i also think they compliment most body types...not a fan of boot cut....which i "don't " think make one look slimmer....

Honored Contributor

Straight leg jeans are always in.  I regret that I ever bought the boot cut jean.  I wear all straight leg and that's where I will stay!    Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

We called them "stove pipe" slacks and jeans when I was growing up.  Nothing new about straight leg jeans -- Levis made them for decades.  They might be "new" to younger folks.

I don't like flares or bellbottoms either, @kelsey17.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Who cares what is supposedly in.  I have, like and wear many different styles of jeans.  I wear what I like and like what I wear.

Honored Contributor

The straight leg are my favorites also.   I also like the wider leg ones ... not the flare at the bottom or bootcut, but the ones that are wider from the waist down (Shape  /  \).   I think my wide leg are all from Chico's.

My pant last me for years ... so I don't have any issues if the stores aren't selling my style.  I have plenty of them in the closet.

Trusted Contributor

Straight leg jeans are not new but they used to be a little fuller than they are now!!  I still have some old straight leg Levi's that I love because they have more room in the leg than the ones they sell now!!  They are more flattering on me!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I like the demi bootleg jeans, not the flared leg. I don't care for straight legs, but I have been thinking about getting a pair of wide leg jeans. Odd, I know, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".