Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I roll mine (like done when packing) and put them in an Origami Foldable Everything Organizer 2-pack - Solid Color storage from HSN.

@Pook 

Never heard of this!  Sounds fascinating!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Some I fold and put on shelves at the back of my closet and some are on those cascading hangers that hold five pairs. I would put the same type of pant on those hangers together like straight leg or boot cut.  I made tags that I put at the top of the hanger so I know what type of pant leg is on that hanger.

@haddon9 

That is so clever to put tags on them!  I am really getting so great ideas here!

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

You really shouldn't hang jeans (except by the belt loop)  I fold all of my jesns before putting them  away in the dresser drawers.  Years ago, the lady in a store showed me how to fold them.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+fold+jens&oq=how+to+fold+jens&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.6207j0j7&...

@songbird 

Just watched this video --- wow --- new to me!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I fold my jeans and put them on an Origami shelving unit.  I try to separate them by color.

@Kachina624 

Another mention of an Origami shelving unit.  I must look this up --- very curious!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Hippiified wrote:

Fold in thirds in dresser drawers. I can get about 12 to 15 pairs in one drawer. I have many, many pairs. I call it a collection.

@Hippiified 

I have a lot of pairs, too.  I am going to try and get rid of some of them but right now I don't feel like tring them all on to see which ones feel the best and are most comfortable.  That's a job right there!!! 

Honored Contributor

Thanks everone for ypur replies.  I never knew whether there was a certain way that jeans were to be stored.  I am always so envious of people who have walk ins and large closets.  I am constantly trying to figure out how to make the most of each bit of space and yet still see and get to my items.  I have over-purchased things in the past because things I already had were put away and hard to get to and just forgot I had them!  I don't ever want to do that again!!!  

Occasional Contributor

I hang all my pants, jeans, are folded and on a shelf in my closet.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Hippiified wrote:

Fold in thirds in dresser drawers. I can get about 12 to 15 pairs in one drawer. I have many, many pairs. I call it a collection.

@Hippiified 

I have a lot of pairs, too.  I am going to try and get rid of some of them but right now I don't feel like tring them all on to see which ones feel the best and are most comfortable.  That's a job right there!!! 

I'm the jean w h o r e. Tons of jeans.  And I just fold them. None of my jeans are hanging.  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

My jeans are folded on a shelf. I live in a warm climate and don’t have jeans for different seasons. I also don’t have lots of them. I only wear jeans on the weekend as I work full time.

Respected Contributor

Re: Storing jeans

[ Edited ]

I think this idea is clever. Folded jeans are stored sideways - in a box or drawer - so you can see all of them at once and easily pull out one.

Simply place the box of filed jeans on a closet shelf and you'll be able to easily see and select the pair of jeans you want. No more wrestiling with the stacked pile of jeans.

Related image