Respected Contributor

Not very efficient but mine are folded and kept in a basket in the laundry room.  I don't have room in any closets or drawers.  The laundry room is upstairs - I'm not running down two flights to the basement to get dressed Man Embarassed

Respected Contributor

All jeans are on hangers, usually 4 to a hanger!

Honored Contributor
My jeans are folded and on a shelf in my closet.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I hang on pant hangers.  

Honored Contributor

I fold my jeans and put them on an Origami shelving unit.  I try to separate them by color.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Some I fold and put on shelves at the back of my closet and some are on those cascading hangers that hold five pairs. I would put the same type of pant on those hangers together like straight leg or boot cut.  I made tags that I put at the top of the hanger so I know what type of pant leg is on that hanger.

@haddon9.  Beware of those cascading hangers.  I couldn't tell you how many times Ive had the whole closet pole come crashing down due to the weight, and I only used them for shirts.  Jeans are really heavy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have very limited storing space for clothes... so I hang my jeans.  If I had a huge closet with shelves I would just fold them and put them away that way

Honored Contributor

I hang all my pants, jeans, even yoga pants on hangers and from the waistband.

Respected Contributor

Re: Storing jeans

[ Edited ]

I hang my jeans on skirt hangers, from the waistband. Also pants.

I do this because I have vertical space in the closet. Two short rods hold tops and tees. I use drawers for sweaters (and undies/pj's).  

I don't have seasonal storage. I like to be able to see everything. And it makes it easier to dress for transitions between seasons. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

Some I fold and put on shelves at the back of my closet and some are on those cascading hangers that hold five pairs. I would put the same type of pant on those hangers together like straight leg or boot cut.  I made tags that I put at the top of the hanger so I know what type of pant leg is on that hanger.

@haddon9.  Beware of those cascading hangers.  I couldn't tell you how many times Ive had the whole closet pole come crashing down due to the weight, and I only used them for shirts.  Jeans are really heavy.

@Kachina624   I put my dressier (usually lighter in weight) on those hangers but DH has has reinforced the closet poles so it should be okay!....good point though for those who hang a lot!