Honored Contributor

I have quite a few pairs of jeans --- dressy ones, casual ones, capri ones, etc.  Where and how do you store your jeans?  Do you hang in closet, fold in your drawers, or place on a shelf? I am trying to be the most efficient with my space and still have them looking good without much fuss.  Thanks!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I hang all of my jeans, pants, trousers, crops, capris, even lounge wear. I don't have drawer space for the volumn of bottoms that I have.

Honored Contributor

Some of my jeans can only be worn during the current season so off season they are stored with the other seasonal clothes.

I probably have 5-6 pair for spring/summer (jeans/crop jeans)....I hang them on cascading hangers, there are  roughly 5 pair that can be hung on one hanger...saves space in my closet and no wrinkles from folding, which I have no space for folding.

Honored Contributor

I use those felt/velvet hangers from HSN for all my clothes and I color code my closet by colors of clothing.  However, there were no blue ones for my jeans so I used gray along with the few gray clothes I have.  I hang two pairs of short ones (capris/leggings) per hanger.  I use one hanger per pair for dress jeans and other heavier jeans.  I hang by color and I put all my blues in this section along with fading to gray.  Then I begin white, beige, brown, green, and on and on.  I have a walk-in closet with two sets of shelving for short clothing and ttwo rows of shelves and hangers for taller clothing.  I have cedar drawers for sweaters that need to be folded.  

Respected Contributor

Folded on a shelf sorted by leg length/season

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Folded, off season jean are stored away 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I roll mine (like done when packing) and put them in an Origami Foldable Everything Organizer 2-pack - Solid Color storage from HSN.

Esteemed Contributor

I hang them using cascading hangers and the off season jeans are packed away.

Esteemed Contributor

All my pants, including jeans, are hung by the lower edge.  It keeps them from wrinkling.

Honored Contributor

Some I fold and put on shelves at the back of my closet and some are on those cascading hangers that hold five pairs. I would put the same type of pant on those hangers together like straight leg or boot cut.  I made tags that I put at the top of the hanger so I know what type of pant leg is on that hanger.