Honored Contributor

I bought a wool sweater for DH during the recent Irish shows. So I stopped in Bed, Bath, and Beyond to get a moth and other insect proof zip bag. The SA didn't know what I was talking about. She actually showed me a plastic SHOE box! I said, "It's a MEN'S SWEATER. It won't fit in a shoebox."

Can anyone recommend a storage bag like this? I have some from here, but they're not moth proof. TIA!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I use a large zipper storage bag and with moth balls or cedar disks that I've gotten in the "closet" department at Wal-Mart.  A plastic bag alone won't necessarily keep moths out if they've laid eggs on the sweater.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  I use plastic sweater boxes with covers from the container store. I also use cedar blocks or small cedar balls to put inside with sweaters.

Honored Contributor

I use 2 pound seal lock bags, press the air out and put in a plastic tub with a seal on top.

Only a muscle weight moth will get through that!!!!

Honored Contributor

There are several options on Amazon. 

Honored Contributor

I use two cedar chests.  

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom :We run into that problem all the time. SAs do not know much.

Respected Contributor

Was the sweater worn? If so before you store it, have it cleaned. Moths usually will not go after cleaned items.

Respected Contributor

As @Kachina624 pointed out, if moths have laid eggs on fabric, there will be holes from when they hatch and eat.

I have gotten rid of cleaned men's suits that were stored in a cedar closet !  Safest idea: see @ECBG.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

I use a Pereia zip cube (sold by QVC).  For wool sweaters, I do place a cedar cube inside the Pereia for added protection. The cedar cubes are available at Amazon or Bed Bath and Beyond.  Below is an image of what I'm talking about.