Honored Contributor

Whatever happened to cotton alone?  I want a soft, tee shirt with a tinge of spandex 1 or 2 % or all cotton preferred.  Some of these tops with 5% and more are like rubberbands.  I wish the designers would go back to the all cotton (pima).  Oh, please stop with the Modal (another stretch fabric).  You are charging all cotton prices so give us all cotton.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The Isaac Mizrahi line has what seems like lots of Pima cotton t-shirts.  

The new brand, Seed to Style has organic 100% cotton t-shirts.

Denim & Co. has a few 100% cotton t-shirts.

Perhaps those will interest you.

Then leave the rest to me since I do not want to iron 100% cotton.  Plus, I like the comfort and smooth fit of a little spandex, and definitely modal.

Super Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

The Isaac Mizrahi line has what seems like lots of Pima cotton t-shirts.  

The new brand, Seed to Style has organic 100% cotton t-shirts.

Denim & Co. has a few 100% cotton t-shirts.

Perhaps those will interest you.

Then leave the rest to me since I do not want to iron 100% cotton.  Plus, I like the comfort and smooth fit of a little spandex, and definitely modal.

I am another one who does not like all cotton. High maintenance during laundry and some 100% cotton fabrics are too stiff, thin, or bulky.  Except like you said, Issac's pima cotton. That fabric rules.

Super Contributor
This one by Denim and Co is all cotton I believe per the conversation. A393971…says it is interlock cotton.
Honored Contributor

Many people don't like 100% cotton as it tends to shrink and wrinkle badly, often needing ironing.  Modal is more expensive than cotton and is a natural fabric made from wood pulp, similar to Rayon.  I'm not crazy about Pima cotton tees as they tend to be thin and cling and show every lump and bump.  They also shrink.  I prefer a cotton/poly blend and leave out the Spandex. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

"Different strokes for different folks." I think 5% spandex is great in almost all fabrics.

Honored Contributor

absolutely HATE all cotton fabrics......it needs something to blend in with it to keep it looking fresh, keep the colors vibrant, and for fabric recovery. all cotton fabrics shrink, fade, stretch out, and look worn much faster. todays blends are MUCH better.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Stop with the Spadex

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 

I was about to tell you QVC buyers like cotton spandex and mixed fabrics, then I saw they beat me to it. 

I agree with you.  I prefer all cotton or no more than 2% spandex and definitely not mixed fabrics.  

My experience with cotton t-shirts has been good quality cotton won't fade, wrinkle, stretch out, and shrink a lot, but expect to pay for it. 

You can get Land's End medium weight men's Super-T's that are excellent at a very reasonable price, but then they are men's straight cut with wider sleeves than we see in women's styles.  They don't use the Super-T fabric for women's t-shirts.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45   I remember saying Pima cotton which is different than regular cotton.  Pima is so soft and washes beautifully.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee    I love Pima cotton and Issac works with it occasionally.  I hope this new brand "Seed to Style" will offer more tops.  Yes, 2% spandex is more than enough.  I really don't care for all that stretch, I like to feel the fabric.

kindness is strength