Honored Contributor

Re: Stop with all the polyester

Cotton with a little poly, is ok ,but all poly,spandex, rayon, like the tsv pajamas .i do not want. Not for summer.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I have a lot of Louis and I never thought it matronly. Especially my full length bright red trench.

I can't wear all poly in summer. I envy those who can. I wear mostly woven cotton and do iron. But I've learned to put things in the dryer for a few minutes, pull them out and hang. Very few wrinkles; only a few strokes with an iron, if any.

Respected Contributor

I like poly if it is a good grade.  Like it mixed with cotton/modal/poly or cotton/rayon/poly.  Never have it found it to be too hot.  Will not buy 100% cotton or linen or100% rayon.   No ironing and wrinkles for me.

I am not one for the natural fibers, I like our modern fabrics such as poly just fine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't iron either and would never wear 100% cotton for that very reason.  I have some polyester in my clothing and they wash and wear well and look good for a long time.  

Respected Contributor

i must be looking in strange places,

i see cotton everywhere.

let me know when they stop doing poly for ya so i can stock up

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those accusing the Q of selling all matronly clothing, please post a picture of yourself and show us how hip you dress.  You can block your face if you're worried about showing your face.  Just show us how us you dress please.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

It is increasongly hard to find cotton breathable cool things for hot summers! And even when online it says 100% cotton, I've gotten ones that are thick and scratchy and too hot.

So I hold onto the ones i have and wear until there are holes and then I sew them. I know pitiful.

But I don't think I can really tell unless I go into a store and feel and try on the fabric.

Lands End and LL Bean carry a lot of cotton clothing. Talbots, J.Crew and Banana Republic all carry Pima cotton. Macys even in their store brand carry cotton for the budget minded. I also find Bloomingdales and Saks carry mostly cotton clothing @on the bay .🌺🌻🌼

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

For those accusing the Q of selling all matronly clothing, please post a picture of yourself and show us how hip you dress.  You can block your face if you're worried about showing your face.  Just show us how us you dress please.

I agree @San Antonio Gal . If you know how to shop a person can find contemporary fashion at all different price points. QVC is no exception. One thing I have never been accused of looking is matronly and I have shopped here over the years. LOL😁👠👗🩴🩱👒👚👗👖

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11,

I just know for me I decided I have to feel the material. I got one of Issac's pima cotton and it is thick and hot to me. I also got a 100% cotton top I forget where and it was not something I could wear when hot.

So I discovered there is cotton and there is cotton and I just won't know until I go to a store.

But thank you for all those suggestions. I have looked at Macy's, Land's End many others online and told myself don't unless I can feel it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Trinity11,

I just know for me I decided I have to feel the material. I got one of Issac's pima cotton and it is thick and hot to me. I also got a 100% cotton top I forget where and it was not something I could wear when hot.

So I discovered there is cotton and there is cotton and I just won't know until I go to a store.

But thank you for all those suggestions. I have looked at Macy's, Land's End many others online and told myself don't unless I can feel it.

Yes, I find Isaac's Pima cotton a little too warm for some of our sticky, humid days in New York. I like the lightweight t's myself from J.Crew and Lands End. They are like a handkerchief weight and don't shrink when washed in cold water @on the bay .👚👕👚