Honored Contributor

Every thing is poly, well just too much, who wants to wear it in the summer? Not me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Re: Stop with all the polyester

O...K...Smiley IndifferentSmiley IndifferentSmiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

Not everything.  

Respected Contributor

The main reason along w matronly design I rarely buy clothing from the Q.

A sweater, a Tee THATS about it. 

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant    lol  I could make anything look matronly without even trying!

When Louis was still around, one of the reasons I never once ordered was that only the models like his wife looked great in the clothes -  the models assigned to stand in the rear seldom looked all that special  Clean and neat, but definitely matronly  -  just not the fault of the c lothes! 

Honored Contributor

It is increasongly hard to find cotton breathable cool things for hot summers! And even when online it says 100% cotton, I've gotten ones that are thick and scratchy and too hot.

So I hold onto the ones i have and wear until there are holes and then I sew them. I know pitiful.

But I don't think I can really tell unless I go into a store and feel and try on the fabric.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Well there is good and bad with every fabric type.  Polyester can be hot.  But it does not wrinkle, holds color very well, and is very durable.

I love Susan Graver's liquid knit dresses, tops - not so much.

I have not bought, nor likely will I, any of the Linen clothing they are offering now.  There is no way I am going to iron, and I have to think that they do wrinkle.  No thanks.

Cotton shrinks, at least a little bit, no matter how many times they tell us it is "preshrunk."

I think QVC tries to have something for everyone.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Every thing is poly, well just too much, who wants to wear it in the summer? Not me.

@goldensrbest    Me!  I like a touch of poly in everything.  Things launder nicer without wrinkling.  I don't do ironing.  I wore SG Liquid Knit through several West Texas summers and was never uncomfortable, although I wasn't digging ditches in the sun.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Well, thankfully there are a variety of fabrics available so everyone can make the choice that works best for them.

I've found today's polyester to be cool. As others have said, I like that it doesn't wrinkle and I find it comfortable.

My mother loved cotton and lived in it. She didn't mind ironing and she always looked lovely. Before I retired, I spent hours in my car each day commuting and many, many hours in a cramped airplane seat. It just wasn't worth the time to me which is why I never invested in cotton. But I always think it looks crisp and cool on others.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay  I agree, it's hard to find cotton in anything, and it isn't like the older type!

I'm still wearing my Summer cool shorts and shirts and don't care if they're 25 years old! 

🤷‍♀️👚🪡🧵👗