Honored Contributor

Re: Stop with all the polyester

Thanks @Trinity11,

I'll try one of thoseSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

The "dri" poly in sporting wear is wonderful.  Try some, I love it.

L L Bean has some wonderful cotton tops/tees.  Washed up several today, warm water and medium dryer.  No wrinkles.  They are a nice weight.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lavendar wrote:

I have a lot of Louis and I never thought it matronly. Especially my full length bright red trench.

I can't wear all poly in summer. I envy those who can. I wear mostly woven cotton and do iron. But I've learned to put things in the dryer for a few minutes, pull them out and hang. Very few wrinkles; only a few strokes with an iron, if any.

@lavendar Agree with all that you said.  I never thought Kate, Shantal or Jaq looked matronly but I am glad to know that matronly is so beautiful and high-end looking since I wear a lot of LDO clothing, still. 

Respected Contributor

I can't wear polyester in our summers, I'm already glistening before I even leave the house! What I don't understand is why polyester clothes are so expensive on QVC. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

For those accusing the Q of selling all matronly clothing, please post a picture of yourself and show us how hip you dress.  You can block your face if you're worried about showing your face.  Just show us how us you dress please.

If I remotely knew how to post pictures @San Antonio Gal ...I absolutely would!

I buy 99.99% of my clothes here and I NEVER, EVER look matronly.

I am wearing 100% Q today from my earings to my shoes...and I look FAB!  LOL

There is such a wide variety available here, we can all dress as we like to fit our own style.

No need to STOP anything just cuz I don't buy like.  That's ridiculous!

Honored Contributor

I'm a big fan of SG's liquid knit.  I wear it all year long.  I love the comfort, easy care. and beauty.  I always get compliments when I'm wearing my SG clothes.  Not a fan of 100% cotton or linen.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Every thing is poly, well just too much, who wants to wear it in the summer? Not me.

Yes, and it has the nerve to be very expensive.  It's one of the cheapest fabrics out there to work with.  The mark up is amazing for this petro chemical.  I'm sick of so much of it.  A little is ok here and there.  I find no problems with it for Winter months, though it's not a great insulator unless its fabricated into a fleece like product. 

There is one designer I used to love.  I always bought VC clothing items.  I won't even look in his direction now because all of his stuff is polyesther.  His prices went up with every season.  I've stopped buying VC over priced polyesther. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Regular Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

For those accusing the Q of selling all matronly clothing, please post a picture of yourself and show us how hip you dress.  You can block your face if you're worried about showing your face.  Just show us how us you dress please.

I agree.   The Q's "vanity" sizing is not just about vanity sizing, it is adjusted for middle aged bodies.  When a woman goes through menopause, her waist thickens, her butt gets flatter, and her bust line drops, even if the woman is thin.  Google it.

Ann Taylor's size 6 is for a woman who is 35.5-28.5-38.5.   The Q's size 6 is for a woman measuring 36-30-38.5.  Same hip measurements, but much bigger waist on the QVC chart because the Q's lines are designed for a more mature woman.  I can wear some Ann Taylor clothes, but often the bust is too tight (if the shoulders fit as intended).  Or the waist in the Ann Taylor dress is not as flattering because my waist does not indent as much as a 30 year olds.   I would rather wear styles with the extra ease that the QVC brands have than have lumps and bumps show through my tops.

I miss LDO because I liked the panache of those clothes.  I almost floated through my day in some of those clothes.  Even if your style is more Denim & company, those clothes are designed with more ease in the bust and hips than say Old Navy and that's ok.  No need to compete with the younger generations.  Let them have the kiss of youth on their appearance.  My role is now to be a rock for those around me, not a siren.

Honored Contributor

Everything is not polyester.  Far from it.  I just put "cotton" in the search bar and 2190 items of clothing popped up.  I'm sure some have 2% elastane or some polyester because most of us don't want walk around creased and wrinkled.  I'm sure if I searched for "linen" or "rayon", I find those.  We are not limited to only what is shown on TV, we can search all of qvc.com.   

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Every thing is poly, well just too much, who wants to wear it in the summer? Not me.

@goldensrbest 

ITA .....  I am speculating that it was an ambitious fabric manufacturer that came up with the "microfiber" weave and then proceeded to make "designer" clothing using microfiber. 

It's still polyester, no matter what they call it.

What is that saying?   You put lipstick on a pig ... it's still a pig.