Honored Contributor

I live for boxy.  I am boxy.  Nothing wrong with being boxy. I am all legs with a box on top.

Martha Stewart is all legs I notice too!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

I like a little spandex.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I live in the desert Southwest and Spandex and polyester doesn't bother me a bit.  I like what both do for clothing.

@Kachina624  You're lucky, dry and low humidity.  I'm actually jealous!Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I live for boxy.  I am boxy.  Nothing wrong with being boxy. I am all legs with a box on top.

@Sooner 

This made me laugh out loud. As someone who is slim through the hips and thighs and carries her weight more in the middle, I can relate.  Thanks for the chuckle.

Honored Contributor

polyester and spandex do not bother me and i live in a state that is generally pretty humid......and usually very humid during the summertime. i absolutely hate 100% cotton.

there is a reason why a lot of athletic wear is made from polyester and spandex.

"One of the main reasons why Polyester is used in sportswear is due to its wicking property . Wicking means ability through which the sweat is transferred from body and evaporated easily . When cotton is used it will absorb sweat and the same will be retained in garment which may make the garment heavy and unpleasant ."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
I’m one of the cotton haters. It gets soggy in hot weather. I’ll take poly and spandex and rayon and nylon. Perfectly comfortable for me.
Honored Contributor

While I will agree it's gotten a little out of hand with all the stretch fabrics on QVC I don't think anyone will dispute the fact that spandex is the best thing to happen to the button-down woven blouse!

Unless, of course, you love to tailor everything you purchase a little spandex improves the fit of many pieces that are more body conscious. It's also instrumental in getting a good fit in the waist on a pair of pants if you have an hourglass figure!

There's room for both in my wardrobe and living in Miami I'm not any hotter in the spandex then I am in the woven cotton. Textiles have come a very long way in the last 20 - 30 years

Honored Contributor

I have broad shoulders.   Without spandex, I'd be ripping out my armhole seams...............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I live in the desert Southwest and Spandex and polyester doesn't bother me a bit.  I like what both do for clothing.

@Kachina624  You're lucky, dry and low humidity.  I'm actually jealous!Woman Happy

@Harvard99   I also lived 35 years in Houston, and believe me, I appreciate the desert climate.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

This made me laugh out loud. As someone who is slim through the hips and thighs and carries her weight more in the middle, I can relate.  Thanks for the chuckle.

@sooner @islandgrrl  Love this description! Kinda like Sponge Bob! Me too!