Honored Contributor

Re: Stop! Enough with the permission

@tototwo wrote:

Just my opinion.... if ladies of this forum post photos of outfits or clothing items, they should expect various opinions.  Good, bad, or indifferent.  Especially if the poster asks  "how do you like this?" or words to that effect.  

Maybe I misunderstood the question, but are you saying that only the posters who love the item and agree with you should reply?   No negative responses allowed?

@tototwo It does seem like you are misunderstanding.  It's fine to state you really do not like a look and it is not for you but many will state it in a real insulting way - such as...why would anyone want to look that sloppy or anyone who wears that looks ridiculous!!  We all have differing tastes and what I do not like many do so even if I think something is really a bad look I would only speak for myself and say I do not like that for me as it is not my style.  There is no reason to insult others who like and wear what you do not!!

Honored Contributor

I'm not getting the point of this thread. Is it politics, arrogance or condescending to voice opinions here about anything?

Respected Contributor

all three shanus

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

all three shanus

@Luvsmyfam   Then may as well close down the forums.....

Respected Contributor

what,no heart? Kidding.

Honored Contributor

I love when posters, not the OP, post about others being bullies, etc. when they themselves have posted some of the rudest, meanest and most unnecessary comments aimed directly at others.  Talk about hypocrisy.  But many are on to these types of posters and recognize this is their MO. 

As an aside, there have been times when I was set to purchase an item and someone pointed something out about the item that I hadn't noticed or considered and I have in fact not purchased based on that fact.  But I've never not bought something because someone else thinks it's ugly, frumpy or dowdy.       

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Just my opinion.... if ladies of this forum post photos of outfits or clothing items, they should expect various opinions.  Good, bad, or indifferent.  Especially if the poster asks  "how do you like this?" or words to that effect.  

Maybe I misunderstood the question, but are you saying that only the posters who love the item and agree with you should reply?   No negative responses allowed?

Yup, absolutely 

Respected Contributor

I gag when I hear "permission to play". I am a grown woman and don't need anybody's "permission" to do anything especially to "play". Wish they would stop all the stupid talk.

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

There's not a single person here, sorry to burst your bubble, that would make me second-guess a purchase just because they don't like it! I certainly don't need your permission to 'buy it and enjoy it anyway' even if you don't like it?!

Opinions are fine in a respectful and thoughtful manner and are frequently requested for the sake of a dialogue. Giving us your blessing, when you 'wouldn't wear it in million years', just sounds arrogant and condescending

Just adding my two cents here... Given the title of this thread, I thought that this last sentence was the whole point of @Andreatoo 's post.  I see this all of the time - a poster describes all of the things wrong with a piece of clothing and then says something like, "But all of you who bought it, enjoy."  To me, that last part is kind of rude. 

So I thought that was the part that @Andreatoo had a problem with, not the fact that anyone was listing all the ways they disliked something.  I find that "Enjoy it if you like it," offputting, too. (Just not enough to start a thread about it, lol. )

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags 

Bingo!

I love the discussion and someone not liking something I do is not an issue and I often 'get' what it is they may not like. The fact of the matter is that even if you don't; I still like it!

if some of you don't understand what's offensive about deeming our purchase permissable then I doubt more explanation is going to get the point across.

Just know that I find offering your permission is more offensive than a snarky opinion...