Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Stop! Enough with the permission

There's not a single person here, sorry to burst your bubble, that would make me second-guess a purchase just because they don't like it! I certainly don't need your permission to 'buy it and enjoy it anyway' even if you don't like it?!

Opinions are fine in a respectful and thoughtful manner and are frequently requested for the sake of a dialogue. Giving us your blessing, when you 'wouldn't wear it in million years', just sounds arrogant and condescending

Honored Contributor

Re: Stop! Enough with the permission

I said this the other day, it was Jayne Brown.  She said "I won't be mad if you get two, you have my permission."  LOL like I care or need it.

Super Contributor

I like to  read all the differant opinions and views on an item I'm thinking about purchasing.   I also like constructive  reviews that may point out flaws I had not considered, and colors and construction I did not  notice.    I do like  to hear others view of fashion, positve and negative.  However, the comments like it looks like a bag lady or I wouldn't be caught outside the house in that rag are just useless.  Then, to suggest that it's ok to purchase, if you like that sort of thing,  is off-putting at best and rude. 

Honored Contributor

@LillyBee2 wrote:

I like to  read all the differant opinions and views on an item I'm thinking about purchasing.   I also like constructive  reviews that may point out flaws I had not considered, and colors and construction I did not  notice.    I do like  to hear others view of fashion, positve and negative.  However, the comments like it looks like a bag lady or I wouldn't be caught outside the house in that rag are just useless.  Then, to suggest that it's ok to purchase, if you like that sort of thing,  is off-putting at best and rude. 

@LillyBee2 

I get exactly what you're saying but I've never heard a constructive negative review that ended with 'but if you like it go ahead and buy it'

It just doesn't seem reasonable to me that you would dislike something but yet feel the need to encourage somebody else to purchase it anyway

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@LillyBee2 wrote:

@LillyBee2 

I get exactly what you're saying but I've never heard a constructive negative review that ended with 'but if you like it go ahead and buy it'

It just doesn't seem reasonable to me that you would dislike something but yet feel the need to encourage somebody else to purchase it anyway

@Andreatoo @LillyBee2  - it's passive-aggressive behavior. In some cases the bullies have 'evolved' to this style so that they can still post insults or introduce their bias, politics etc in a less than direct manner. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@LillyBee2 wrote:

@LillyBee2 

@Andreatoo @LillyBee2  - it's passive-aggressive behavior. In some cases the bullies have 'evolved' to this style so that they can still post insults or introduce their bias, politics etc in a less than direct manner. 

This whole conversation is ridiculous and has nothing to do with politics. If you all want to insult each other and fight then take it somewhere else so the rest of us do not have to be exposed to your negativity.Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just my opinion.... if ladies of this forum post photos of outfits or clothing items, they should expect various opinions.  Good, bad, or indifferent.  Especially if the poster asks  "how do you like this?" or words to that effect.  

Maybe I misunderstood the question, but are you saying that only the posters who love the item and agree with you should reply?   No negative responses allowed?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Isn't this statement ALWAYS, UNIVERSALLY, UNFAILINGLY UTTERED AS A JOKE?

Or aren't we allowed to make innocuous verbal jokes anymore?

You have my permission to disagree with me.

(LOL)

Honored Contributor

Good grief! What a silly thing to get all worked up about. Hosts are doing exactly what they're told to do. And they have to fill the air with talk. Who knows what some of us, most of us, would say to fill the silence.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo ..............Amen sister!  There is an over abundance of "snobbery" on here, especially fashions. 

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)