Super Contributor

Has anyone tried stitchfix.com? I'm thinking about trying it and would love to hear feedback from someone who has tried this.  Any info appreciated.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

How about a clue as to what it is?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I haven't but I read an article recently about it 

comments about clothes being available at much less prices 

I like to shop for my own clothes so this doesn't appeal much. If u try it let us know 

Respected Contributor

Re: Stitchfix.com

[ Edited ]

I've never tried Stitch Fix but I have a general idea how it works - mostly because so many fashion bloggers promote it on their websites. Those bloggers get credit they can use at Stitch Fix when anyone signs up by using a link in their blog. So they're not impartial judges of Stitch Fix. 

As I understand it, you put in an order as often as you like, or as seldom as you like. They send you a box with 5 items of clothing & accessories (based on preferences you've given them by taking a survey). It costs $20 to receive the box. But if you keep anything in the box, they give you $20 credit towards the cost of the item(s) you keep.

The prices - for items you keep - are a bit pricey. They do have some unique designs that you wouldn't find in a department store. And for those who hate shopping or don't have the time, they might be helpful.

I'm way too picky as a shopper to be satisfied with clothes chosen by someone else. I think I'd end up sending back everything lol! And paying $20 just to try on clothes. 

Respected Contributor

I have two girlfriends who use it regularly.  They love it and feel it has successfully gotten them out of their fashion ruts.  Both women work full time and have kids -- finding the time to shop for interesting pieces was a chore until they found Stitch Fix.

I keep saying I'm going to try it one of these days.

Respected Contributor

Someone I volunteer with does.  I have to say I am not impressed, the items are certainly not quality.  Nothing has been ugly, but not "oh, cool " either.

She loves it! She has been doing it for about a year and usually keeps the whole box.

Honored Contributor

@EZ shopper@Abrowneyegirl@islandgrrl@peachesncream@jackthebear

@jackthebear

DD uses it and loves it... she says everything they send her is cute.  She also said that as you continue using the service the things they send get more to her liking... inotherwords, they base what they send on what you have kept...

This is an outfit I stumbled onto on Pinterest and I couldn't find anything like it in the marketplace:

But now I get why there are SO MANY bloggers!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Re: Stitchfix.com

[ Edited ]

But now I get why there are SO MANY bloggers!

The commercialization of fashion bloggers is something I've watched happen in recent years. No one seems to do it just for the fun of it anymore; everyone wants to make a living from their blog.

I will say that the ones I've followed always state that they have relationships with some of the retailers, and they're compensated if you use their links and make purchases. They always add "but the opinions are my own." Even so, there's a clear conflict of interest involved. I think the best bloggers try to choose items they truly enjoy wearing from the vendors they have relationships with. But they might ignore other retailers. 

Interestingly, retailers are finding that they get more business generated by these blogs than they do by traditional advertising on the Internet.

It has left me a bit cynical about fashion blogs. And I'm relunctant to make certain comments about clothing. If they are wearing - and advertising - shoes from Nordstrom, maybe they won't appreciate my pointing out that there are inexpensive look-alike shoes at 6 pm.com! How can commentors be frank about the clothing? It's just awkward.

It seems unfair to criticize people for wanting to make a living, and I don't. But it has taken some of the fun out of following bloggers.

Valued Contributor

I have gone the Stitchfix route twice now and have mixed reviews.  My first shipment contained a pair of jeans that I loved, but they wanted $98 and I was able to find them on Amazon for $50.  I did request a dress for a summer wedding and they came through with one that I wouldn't have picked out, but it ended up being perfect.  You can tell them if you want more affordable options, but even then the cheapest item in my box was over $50 -- a top that I could pick up anywhere for $30.  It's fun to see what they send, but in the long run it's a little pricey to have someone pick out your clothes.  I am at a point in my life where I know what I like and can do that on my own.

Super Contributor

I have used Stitch Fix 3x now (spring, summer, fall orders) and think it is great. I have received things that are "different" for me and not what I would look at either online or in the store. I typically always shop in the same departments and rarely buy more than one thing at once. I like being able to have instant "outfits" with Stitch Fix. 

I've kept everything that's been shipped and had no issues with colors, sizing or styles. There is a choice of how much you want to spend, and my choice was to keep it least expensive.

The stylists do read the notes that you send with your order, so take advantage of telling them if you'd like a certain color or have a specific need for an event. I created a Pinterest board that I call "Stitch Fix" and pin items/outfits that I like. I think this gives the stylist a good idea about my preferences.