Esteemed Contributor

I have a Linea black item that smells to high heaven and I assume it's the dye. I have washed it several times and it's still smelly. I also received a jacket that  had a 5 dollar bill in the pocket. Lol. The jacket, was too big, so I sent it, with the 5 bill back.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I had a pair of black QF jeans for years and seldom worn but washed each time I wore  They are more dressy with sparkly things along the pockets so I wore them as a more dress-up jean. 

I had a pair of NYDJ (purchased at Dillards) which could be worn casually but I would not call them dressy jeans.

I had a pair of Ivanka Trump black purchased at TJ Maxx.  These are a little more dressy than the NYDJ but not sparkly like QF.

The point is all 3 had that dye-house odor.  I had the NYDJ and QF (at least 10-11 years) and they still had the odor no matter how many times I washed them.

Nothing I did removed the odor  when I first washed them.  After wearing for a while I could not smell them but maybe I just got accustomed to the odor.  I gave them all away because my size changed, but they still smelled.  I wore them as they did smell less after I washed them in vinegar and then in baking soda a few times.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I BOUGHT A BETHLEHEM WREATH MANY YEARS AGO, THAT HAD A HORRIBLE SMELL.  I SHOULD HAVE RETURNED IT, BUT I WENT AHEAD AND SPRAYED PERFUME ALL OVER IT.  IT HAD A HORRIBLE SMELL.  I NEVER EVER PURCHASED ANOTHER ITEM FROM THAT COMPANY.

Valued Contributor

I There are two separate issues here. One involves receiving returned items which have not been adequately rechecked before repackaging and sending them out again. The other issue is the chemicals used particularly with denim fabric and the sprays they use with the shipping containers to prevent bug infestation.

i ordered many, many clothing items before I received a Denim and Co item with a dirty Kleenex and shopping list in the pocket. After that I made it a point to only order items that were new presentations and I never go on waitlist. As for the chemical smells, I have noticed this on some store denims as well. I don’t know if certain items reek more strongly because they were positioned  on a top layer when the spraying was done or if certain manufacturers are responsible. I loved Liz Claiborne when Mary Beth and Linda Davies had their show and I still have a few favorite pieces from them. However, I also received an unusual amount of chemically laden items from them and reluctantly stopped ordering from that line. Manufacturers issue? I don’t know.

I don’t think it’s helpful to imply that others are lying because they have had a life experience different from yours. I shop QVC because I enjoy the convenience of it but nothing is perfect and I think legitimate complaints should be welcomed and addressed.

Valued Contributor

Re: Stinky clothes?

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:
Amazing that those shipping out jeans with such a strong perfume smell would not have been aware of it. Maybe they are automated now. I have ordered a few as-is things and never any odor. I have been afraid of getting something someone had worn...really worn, if you know what I mean...but so far, so good.

@lovesrecess 

The Laurie Felt jeans I received with strong perfume smell were not an "as is" item.  They were the original full TSV price.  I ordered one size...too large.  Returned for smaller size but received same size again.  Called CS told them and asked for correct size to be shipped out as separate order before my requested size sold out because only about 20 were available in stock and requested full credit on 2nd wrong size pair.  Eventually received the 3rd pair, now with correct size, all this taking place over several weeks because of the long delays that have been occurring.  This 3rd pair was obviously a return because it was not in original clear plastic bag with sizing label.  As soon as I removed it from shipping bag I could smell the strong perfume, but I removed them from the clear bag anyway to see what I had been sent.  Obviously the strong perfume smell overwhelmed me at that point.  If I had paid an "as is" price I would have to expect the possibility of previous wear or tried on.  But to pay the original price & get such an item...it was gross.  After wrapping it for return I think I washed my hands for 5 minutes after not knowing where they had been!  Returned it with instructions to send out NEW pair which I finally received a couple days ago on May 22.  This all started on April 1 when they were a TSV.

Honored Contributor

the only things I have gotten that smell, are the black jeans----most brands do smell with that chemical smell that cannot be washed out--I won't order anything black denim online--gotta go to the store and sniff them first----

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

My bad experience was     with  L L Bean.  Ordered denim type outer wear last fall - smelled to high-heaven.  Put it out on porch and there it stayed through the winter.  I forgot about it.  Washed it 3 times - awful oily bug spray combination - too late to return - kissed $60 good bye and tossed it in the trash.  So it's not just QVC products. 

@fthunt...I just checked my invoice for some clothing I ordered recently from LLBean and it said that you have 1 year to return something. They have good customer service so you may be able to get your money back. Good Luck!

Respected Contributor

It amazes me how often people are called liars on these boards. 

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess  One poster complained of receivng numerous items with stains, odors. and garments in the wrong size and color. And she said that she orders many articles of clothes from QVC. I'm like you.  If this happened more than twice I would not order again. I rarely order clothes from QVC. But i have never received stained smelly clothes from QVC or any other store that I order from. 

Respected Contributor

@kate2357  I would have kept the $5.00 you found in the pocket for sending me a worn jacket. Smiley LOL