Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

You can wear them as long as you wish. We don't have shoe police that will come and get you

@cherry  Jest if you will ! I wore white once after Labor Day . I wasn't apprehended as of yet but I believe there is an active warrant out for me by the shoe police !--Just kidding !Smiley Happy

Wear white when you choose to op . Where I live there are several more months that I keep my summer wardrobe available . It is just to hot to switch to boots and if one wishes wear white boots in the winter.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Judaline     If this is earing or not wearing white shoes is  a concern to you, you must be lucky to only have this to worry about. Be grateful.

@SeaMaiden   Hope the rest of your day goes better.

@Shanus      It just seems petty   for someone to worry about white shoes as far as a concern with everything else going on in the world.  Sorry you took  what I wrote so negatively. I guess we will bump heads every so often here. I still appreciate you.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Still not sure

[ Edited ]

There are so many rules, laws, policies, and guidelines in life - why add more.  The world is a changing place and the unofficial rule about when to wear white is long gone.  It won't hurt anyone, so if you like it and are drawn to wear it that day...go for it.  You are likely the only person who will give it a thought.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

If it is 80 or 90 degrees on a September day, I am perfectly comfortable wearing white.  If it's 80 or 90 degrees on an April or May day, I am perfectly comfortable wearing white.  I dress for the weather.  That old not before Memorial Day and not after Labor day took it's last breath and died many years ago.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Judaline     If this is wearing or not wearing white shoes is  a concern to you, you must be lucky to only have this to worry about. Be grateful.

Believe me I have other things to worry about. I try not to but I do. The reason for  my post is that I have a pair of white shoes-first ones I've had I think since grade school. I just don't like white shoes. But then I saw these and got them. Now I'm remembering that old saying. So that's all it is. No biggee. Thanks for the replies.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Judaline     If this is wearing or not wearing white shoes is  a concern to you, you must be lucky to only have this to worry about. Be grateful.

Well that was predictable.  There always has to be one who says this.  Believe it or not, we can "worry" about hurricane damage, stock market issues, boat cruise tragic drownings, job concerns, elderly parental health matters, loss of house keys, and still wonder whether it's appropriate to wear a certain item.  We're multi-taskers.

To answer your question, I have always stopped wearing white pants after Labor Day.  The "there are no rules" people can live their lives any way they want.  I just manage my life in the way that pleases me and that means sticking to traditions.  My white pants will resurface the day after Easter.  Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

i would wear white sandals, shorts, tops,  and jeans if i wanted to and i have.

that "no white"  rule was instituted around 1900.

they wore white shoes,  big flower basket hat and long gloves too!

Image result for country club dress 1900

Respected Contributor

Quote from Marie Claire July 2019:

"Regardless of how this subjective rule really came about, no one in 2019 should feel the need to follow it. (I'm a fashion editor and I wear white year round, thankyouverymuch.) "

Honored Contributor

This is a fashion forum, not a brain surgery or world peace forum.  So questions can be as meaningless and inconsequential as you want.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Why does it have to be either or ? Life has many facets