Esteemed Contributor

Still in “preparing your order” mode

I purchased a few items for my upcoming birthday, and low and behold.....they're still "preparing my order". How long does it take to "prepare" an order? Good thing my birthday is next month! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Still in “preparing your order” mode

@Effie54   I know what you mean.  My order is over 15 days and has not shipped.  How can the Q do this?  Can't they send out an email explaining the delay?

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Effie54   I know what you mean.  My order is over 15 days and has not shipped.  How can the Q do this?  Can't they send out an email explaining the delay?

No, I didn't get that delay email. I'm wondering what the hold up is. I mean, it's not an emergency. But I would like to see if the outfit works, and fits properly. At this point, I don't see why we still have as many delays as we do. So many other stores ship right away.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Offline, send them a message they get back fast to :

QVCSOCIALTEAM@qvc.com

I throw a fit when mine sits for 3 days I'd be kicking some serious rear if I waited as long as you have , in fact, I'd probably cancel order.

I'm too used to places who sends out stuff same day, next day or 3rd day.   I start playing hardball after 3 days. Not acceptable in today's modern fast paced world. Reminds me of back in the 70's when I would order from mail order catalogs like Aldens, Sears, etc.

@Effie54 

Honored Contributor

Same situation.  Preparing order for days and days.  I puchased some stuff from ShopHQ.  They all got shipped out the next day!  I should get them in a few days.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many people are delusional about what's going on in the retail world.  There are serious transportation problems with ships arriving at West Coast ports having to wait offshore for a turn to unload.  There's even a shortage of shipping containers.  This creates unavoidable delays that really hurt an operation like QVC.  B&M stores have to have merchandise on hand in stores to sell it so they can send out things faster but it may be old merchandise.  At least QVC is trying to get the newest available.  All online sellers are experiencing the same problem.  

Nobody with CS or the mods is going to be able to say when something will ship in most cases. 

QVC is in the business of selling merchandise.  Why would they deliberately delay shipment?  It's just a matter of receiving goods in a timely manner and that's not happening at present.  It's the new normal. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Effie54 

I think the problem is they're selling product they don't yet have in stock. A good clue is when they don't have the samples for the models and hosts.

the only things I've ordered have been clearance and blow out sale items and they ship near immediately cuz they're already sitting in the warehouse.....

Trusted Contributor

Same here.... waiting on items to ship.  I completely understand shipping delays these days, but QVC should get these mailed out within a couple days.

Trusted Contributor

when they put 'preparing your order/in process' they can charge your account & put the it in their 'plus' column...Smiley Embarassed

Valued Contributor

As a customer we want to be informed about our orders.  Simply put advance order on an item if you do not have it in your warehouse!  Then we know and can decide if we want to wait.  All you do is create harshness under  the current in process until who knows when scenario.